Wednesday, April 14, 2010

school picture day

"Why are you laying on the couch? Are you feeling okay?"

"Yes, Mama. I am just resting because today is school picture day and I don't want to look tired in my picture."

******

I am a photographer. A children's photographer in fact. I take hundreds upon hundreds of pictures of my children. And in fact get paid money to take pictures of other people's children.

I could care less what my daughter wears for her school picture. Or what she looks like in it. I will buy a package regardless to document a piece of her history, but the portrait I took of her at the beach is the one that will remain on the wall.

So the fact that my kindergartner marked this day on her calendar, selected her outfit days in advance and then spent the morning fussing with her lip gloss and hair while practicing her picture pose is a complete mystery to me.

But I am pretty sure it means that I am in big, big trouble when her wedding day comes along.


school picture day

7 comments:

  1. Oh those blue eyes!! And yes, you are in BIG trouble. HA!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG Beth, she is absolutely GORGEOUS! To die for!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is too funny!

    She is such a beautiful girl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. She looks so beautiful! We got a great school pic too, but I agree, the ones we take ourselves are the ones that really mean something! The memory of the time it was taken, the "realness" of it - so much more authentic and meaningful. You are in some trouble with those amazing eyes and gorgeous smile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. She's looking so adorable here. I'm curious to see if the school pictures turn out as good as this one.

    And, you are right. You are totally in trouble!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Did the dress survive the bus?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What an absolute DOLL!!!!!! WOW! You are in deep trouble. ;)

    ReplyDelete