Wednesday, January 30, 2008

distance

Distance makes the heart grow fonder. In the case of me and my kids even the anticipation of distance makes my heart grow fonder. Today I brought them to spend the day with my parents for no particular reason other than my parents like seeing them and they like seeing my parents, which left me with a whole day to myself for no particular reason. As we drove to my parents I just could not get over how wonderful they are. How cute Abby looked in her favorite glittery headband. How adorable Claire's voice is when she says "Gank you, Abby" I love that she often addresses Abby by name - "No, Abby", "Yes, Abby", "This way, Abby". So precious. Even the sound of them munching away on crackers in harmony in the back seat was nice. I do not often reach this state of wonder and oneness with my kids. I wish I knew how to find it and incorporate it into our daily life but instead it sneaks up and surprises me at moments like this.

No comments:

Post a Comment