Sunday, July 19, 2009

and so our vacation begins...

A leisurely morning... because after the vacations of my youth, planned with military precision, I would have it no other way.

A two hour car ride that meant two hours to chat with my husband as the kids watched a DVD in the back.

An afternoon of glorious sunshine and gentle sea breezes perfect for rocking in the hammock and walking along the field picking wild flowers with the girls.

Blowing dandelions and making wishes...
... I wish it was always summer...
... I wish I got to have ice cream every day...
... I wish my girls a lifetime of happiness...

Chilled wine waiting in the fridge and dinner off the grill.

Another glass of vino while my husband cleans up two tired girls and tucks them in to bed.

Wireless Internet and ocean views.

Ahhh... and so begins our Cape Cod vacation. Not exotic. Not an adventure. But a part of every summer for as long as I can remember.


and the sunsets

Sunset over Provincetown, as seen from our deck. The only picture of the day since the rest was spent blissfully camera free.

6 comments: