8:25 Pull out last years winter coats for school. Even though it is October. Gahhh.
8:54: Run back into preschool with a sweater for Claire unearthed from the trunk to make her look more presentable for school picture day. Why do I always forget picture day? And also, the fact that I found an appropriate sweater in the trunk? Pretty much proves that cleaning out your car is overrated.
9:05 Walking down the elementary school corridor when the bell rings and I jump out of my skin. Good lord, it has been a long time since I have been inside a school.
9:35 At school office copier chatting with another mom as I run off copies of letter T related worksheets for Abby's Kindergarten class. Strangely relaxing.
10:00 One whole hour to myself before preschool pickup.
10:45 Packaging up a photo order.
12:00 Making soup for dinner with the preschooler while waiting for the bus.
1:27 At the doctors office. There is no record of my appointment. Can I come back tomorrow?
3:15 In the car on the way to the salon to get Abby the manicure promised to her when she lost her first tooth: "Mommy, can I get my hair styled too?" Um, seriously kid? You are FIVE.

Proudly showing off her manicure. Our deal: when she lost her first tooth, I would take her for a manicure and she would then stop sucking her thumb.
4:49 On the couch with both girls vegging in front of Nick Jr. In sweats. Ahhhh.
5:50 CRISIS SITUATION #$%! Tooth is missing!!!
5:55 Tooth recovered.
5:56 "Mommy, are Santa and the tooth fairy real? Megan and Katherine at school told me it is really your parents that do all that stuff." Curse Megan, Katherine and their worldly older brothers.
6:15 The home stretch--bath time!
6:35 DADDY IS HOME!!
7:05 Fight breaks out over who gets Daddy to "do them"(read bedtime books) first. One of these days, they will realize that going to bed first is not a win.
7:45 Both girls officially in bed. Is there anything in the world sweeter than a sleeping child??

aw! how adorable! olie loves getting a mani/pedi- but we usually just do pedis b/c she IS a thumb sucker and i don't like paying for a manicure she's just going to suck off!
ReplyDeletelove it! And I can so relate.... although I am dreading my kids losing their teeth... gives me the heebie-jeebies. :)
ReplyDeleteI'm exhausted...but the day of a working mom that is a teacher isn't much different...except all of that stuff in the middle is other people's kids!
ReplyDeleteLove the part about the girls in her class "ratting out" us parents. hee hee... Sounds like a pretty great day! : )
ReplyDeleteWe once lost a tooth in an apple, but never a banana, that one must have been barely hanging on. I love her cute fingernails!
ReplyDelete