I spend a lot of time doing things that do not make my three year old happy. Hands on her tiny hips, she glares up at me and declares "YOU. DON'T. MAKE. ME. HAPPY.". It is often hard not to laugh, since the offense is usually something along the lines of denying her a second bowl of ice cream or passing a vending machine without buying her a pink lemonade.
This week, however, I managed to do something that actually made Claire happy.
For weeks she has been asking to see what the beach is like in the winter and finally we went.
It was a balmy 40 degrees or so, which in no way deterred her from taking off her boots and running up and down the beach for about half an hour, splashing in the water and collecting shells.
A true beach girl!
Friday, February 26, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



love the pics...but I'm FREEZIN' just looking at it. eeekkkkk....crazy girl. :)
ReplyDeleteOh that makes me cold just looking at it! Gorgeous pics, though!
ReplyDeleteOh, how beautiful..looks like a great time.
ReplyDeleteSo fun!! We used to do that when I was a kid and lived in Nova Scotia on the beach - so refreshing to take in the salt air in the winter!
ReplyDeleteI'm with Claire!
ReplyDelete