For breakfast this morning my girls had M&M pancakes. Buttermilk pancakes made from scratch with 100% pure organic maple syrup filled with M&Ms.
Nothing remarkable really in a typical week filled with playdates, gymnastics classes, swimming classes, ice skating classes and visits from grandma with a few hours of school sprinkled in. All leading up to an equally typical weekend filed with parties, goodie bags and special trips.
Claire's biggest concern is currently what type of cake she is going to have at her birthday party. Characters, flavors and frosting colors are debated daily.
Things that they are not at all concerned about include waiting for biopsy results, letters from the state tax collector (owning a business, so so fun), millions of dollars in school budget shortfalls, how national healthcare will impact their future, how as a country we will ever get out of this recession and how our little family will make it through.
Not that I am complaining. I have much to be thankful for too. I realize this. It's just that being an adult... eh.
Sometimes I wonder if they are too sheltered. If they are ever going to be prepared to cope with the adult world.
Occasionally our worlds collide:
"Mommy, that's NOT FAIR!"
"Who told you life was fair?"
But in the end, I am happy that for now they get to live in the land of M&M pancakes.
Wednesday, March 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Biopsy results?? I hope everyone is o.k.
ReplyDeleteAnd kids should live in a land of M&M pancakes as long as they can!
Biopsy...you? I hope you are well.
ReplyDeleteAnd, you are so right on all accounts. Our county is $100million behind for next year. First to go? Education. There is something so wrong with that.
So glad they live in an M&M pancake world.
Oh for the days when one's main concern was frosting color choices! Such a lovely time, for the select and lucky few, childhood. I've been getting nostalgic for my own, lately, thinking of all the fun little things I took for granted then and now think about so fondly.
ReplyDeleteHmm. I sound about eighty there. But you know what I mean!
Oh, how I LOVE your pictures!! I wish I had your knack for clear, crisp shots. They're beautiful.
ReplyDeleteBeing an adult is heady. There are days I want to go back to M&M pancake world too...but I suppose for now it's just as good to make that happen for my kids. :)
Ahh the innocence of children. I wish for the days of M&M pancakes. I hope everything is ok...biopsy results is heavy business. Thinking of you!
ReplyDelete