"Mama, this year I want a bathing suit with two pieces. A half piece mama."
Please, please, please she begged, grabbing any old two piece bathing suit we happened to pass in a store no matter what the color or style.
"You are too young."
"One piece bathing suits are better for you."
"Definitely not that."
Finally, we agreed on a tankini style "half piece" covered with lady bugs from Gymboree.
Approximately two seconds after we got in the door her clothes were off and her new half piece was on. She pranced. She preened. She bathed in it. She has worn it every day since.
Then today as several neighborhood kids played ball in the front yard, she ran upstairs and changed into her new suit.
"Abby, what are you wearing?" asked the six year old boy from across the street, curious about her random wardrobe change, I imagine.
"Ben," she exclaimed, tossing back her hair and putting her hand on her hip "it's a BIKINI".
And then? She used my hair products in the shower. My good hair products.
Someone please remind me again why it was that I so desperately hoped for a daughter?
Abby showing off her new suit. And notice what little sis is wearing in the background.


Ack how incredibly cute!! My niece is the same way - so girly and so unlike me. Thankfully we haven't had to deal with the makeup thing yet.
ReplyDeleteOh so very cute!!
ReplyDeleteI love it and I love the lkil sassy stand!
So cute! You can't help but laugh!
ReplyDeletelol, oh my! Adorable photo, such sass! Both have the cutest suits.
ReplyDeleteDefinitely better than a bikini! :)
ReplyDeleteShe looks adorable.
Oh, I do love that picture, how funny! We've gone through the same thing with my 7 year old, although she went as far as trying to roll up the edges of her tankini to show more of her tummy.
ReplyDeleteThat is so funny and dang cute! I know what you mean about girls. They sure know how to keep us on our toes.
ReplyDeleteBy the way, your photos are looking so awesome! What was that photography book you recommended on here awhile back?
ReplyDeleteLove the sassy pose!
ReplyDeleteloving the ladybug "bikini" :)
ReplyDeletewho knew the "girl" thing started so young - we can't seem to leave the house with out a purse and sunglasses!
She is just too cute for words.
ReplyDeleteI have this to look forward to now, don't I? ; )
So cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the tankini's for my daughter. It makes going to the bathroom at the swimming pool soooooo much easier! I hate trying to get a wet one piece off in a hurry and the trying to get it back up.
Ahhh too funny! You might be in trouble in 10 years :)
ReplyDeleteoh me oh my.......
ReplyDelete