So, I had plans for today. Big plans. Plans that involved two tired girls taking nice long naps.
Then I realized it was sixty degrees outside. Sixty degrees. In New England. In February. This may not be a big deal to those of you down in Texas, but in New England in February, this is a very big deal.
In celebration, windows were opened and naps were canceled.
First, Claire and I found some puddles.
Then Abby got home from school. She wanted to put on a bathing suit, but settled for taking off her tights and running barefoot (and yes, she dressed herself today).
Then since it was sixty degrees and the warm sun was shining, we dragged out the chalk and the bubbles and finally the beach toys.
And then found some friends and built snow castles.
And then demolished snow castles.
Tomorrow is forcasted to be forty degrees and rainy. And windy.
Back to reality.
Thursday, February 12, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)






I stumbled on to your blog and I just LOVE it... love the photos... love your writing style! Yay for 60 degree weather! =)
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!! I love the first puddle pic!! You are going to have such a wonderful collection of pictures of your little girls!!
ReplyDeleteWe are celebrating 60 degrees here in Alabama too, not quite as much as there I am sure!! Glad you got a break from the winter to be refreshed by the sunshine and warmth!! Winters can be really long!!
That was us on Tuesday. It was 55 and sunny. We were thrilled. And then the next day it was back in the 30's and rainy. Ah well. ;)
ReplyDeleteGreat pics!
We enjoyed the same break from winter this weekend with temps in the 70's! And we too took full advantage of it. Glad you got to enjoy it, and LOVE the pics!
ReplyDeleteWoah, that's like a heat wave for y'all! : ) Glad the kids were able to get out and have some fun. Love the snow castles!
ReplyDeleteI love that you let them break the rules and enjoy the wonderful weather!
ReplyDeleteI also love that you made snow castles! Very creative!
Looks like a beautifully, perfect day.
ReplyDeleteSnow and only long-sleeved shirts? Love it.
oh my! I love these photos because it is so strange to see the snow...and the barefeet. so wonderful. :)
ReplyDeleteSnowcastles! What a brilliant idea, looks like your kiddos had a blast.
ReplyDeleteloving the pictures. and the moments.
ReplyDeletewishing i lived in your neighborhood.
and thanking the stars that we all got a mini winter break :)
lol that is too awesome!! Beautiful girls and pictures as always. We did the same, well almost, the other day. The kids went and played in puddles and I tried not to freak out about their clothes being soaked.
ReplyDeleteGood heavens, your photography gets better everytime I come around!!!
ReplyDeleteLOVE the snow castles. How cool are your girls!!
How fun is THAT? We had warm weather this week, too, but nothing like this. What a blast. The pictures are amazing, I'm just in love with them.
ReplyDeleteOur weather has been crazy cold too and then all of a sudden we hit 70 degrees a couple of days in a row. The next day was like 18. *sigh* Teasers I tell you, not cool!
ReplyDeleteLove the photos and all the fun you girls had!
I love the pictures
ReplyDelete