In the car this morning on the way to school for yet another delayed start after yet another snow storm, the three girls in the back seat played a little game of I can't wait.
"I can't wait until it is warm again."
"I can't wait for water balloons!"
"I can't wait until we open our pool and our shed and everything."
"I can't wait for treats from the ice cream truck!"
"I can't wait to just be warm, even really warm. Even really hot."
Yes, we have officially reached that point. The point when everyone says enough already. Enough snow. Enough colds. Enough days stuck inside. Enough darkness. Enough.
And me? I can't wait to get outside with my new camera. We are enjoying a lovely honeymoon, my D90 and I, but there are only so many things to photograph inside. Well okay, there are actually about 200 things a day to photograph inside, if anyone is counting. But still, the outdoors. The green grass. Sunlight. The beach. Oh, the glorious possibilities.
But for now, we have sundresses indoors...
...two year olds in wedding dresses (part of what might now be my all time favorite Claire series)...
... and fifty or so cupcake eating shoots. Thrilling, no?
In addition to my D90, I am also loving my new gold reflector which is responsible for the warm, sun like look in the first two pictures above. Guess it will have to do until we get more of the real thing.
Thursday, February 5, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




I love the pictures~!
ReplyDeleteI checked out your flickr pictures too...beautiful!
Im jealous of the camera!
Oh and I have been in search of that book...grr!
Where do you take the pics w/the black background-looks awesome!
Beautiful pictures as always. We too are at the point where enough is enough. It's so much work to get two kids dressed in snowsuits just to walk down the block to the bus stop (one of the two kids comes back home with me).
ReplyDeleteSeriously...I can't wait either!!!
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures as always...even if they are indoors. :)
I love the ones of Claire...her personality comes through so well in the pictures you take. And as always, Abby is such a beauty in the pic of her shot from above. Such lovelies!
ReplyDeletebeautiful shots as always friend.
ReplyDeletecan't wait to see spring and summer through your lens :)
That D90 looks like it's doing very well for you. That is the style I chose too, but we have yet to actually wed. lol! May I ask where you purchased yours and what lens you bought with it?
ReplyDeleteAs for cold and snow, yeah I am done too. It's suppose to be in the 60's for the next few days. Yay! From what I understand, it will be history breaking temps. Oh, but wait, it's a teaser I bet. Next will we will probably get hit with history breaking snow fall or something. lol!
The shots are great that you got indoors, the girls are stunning!
My sentiments exactly. Matter of fact, I think some of those words have been spoken at my house recently :). Your pictures are beautiful. We need to schedule some time for you to take your beautiful pictures of my girls. Have a great day!
ReplyDeleteAwesome! THe camera sounds great!
ReplyDeleteGorgeous pictures, Beth! The wedding dress shot is amazing - and I do love the light you're using, it really adds a touch of radiance to the pictures. Beautiful.
ReplyDeleteMy "I can't wait" list is fairly long right now too ;-)
Those are great pictures.
ReplyDeleteAnd, maybe I should do that with my wedding dress. I know my kids will be way to tall to wear it and it's just sitting in a box now!!
Love the pictures.
Waiting for spring with you!
Wow, that pictures are great!! And I am sure y'all are longing for Spring. The weather is SO crazy here. One day we have icicles and the next one we are playing outside...
ReplyDeleteI love these pictures, and am so jealous of your d90. You're going to have a blast when (or if) it eventually warms up out there!
ReplyDeleteit was 60ish here today and we loved it. i will send some warm weather your way too!
ReplyDeletegreat pictures. your girls are beautiful!
ME TOO! CAN'T WAIT! To see more of you pictures. :)
ReplyDelete