Tuesday, January 27, 2009

how a stay at home mom spends 26.5 kid free hours

How does a stay at home mom spend 26.5 kid free hours?

First she shops, buying:
-one kids tee shirt, one pair of kids orange sunglasses (for my little orange loving girl) and one sunscreen stick all with an L.L. Bean $10 promotional gift card (so free!)
-8 Degree deodorants for $15, earning $10 in register rewards (another great deal from MoneySavingMom!)
-a pair of her absolute favorite, super comfortable, go with anything Me Too patent leather flats, discovered at TJ Maxx marked down to $20 (priceless!)
-a Nikon D90 camera body (squee!!!) Like how I slipped this one in with all the other bargains?

She picks up the house (some of it anyway) and takes a nice hot bath.

She spends a romantic evening with her husband, including wine, cheese and a fire. I will leave the rest of the evening to your imagination since this is a family blog.


romance



She wakes up at 9am to a quiet house (that would be 10 hours of uninterrupted sleep for anyone who is counting). Ahhh.

She enjoys a leisurely breakfast and a big mug of tea, surfs the internet, works on her new website and schedules a free photo session (that new camera will pay for it self in, er, um, no time at all honey).

She takes a shower, savoring the fact that when she gets out no one is crying and nothing has been destroyed.

She realizes she has not taken her daily picture yet. She considers yet another snow shot, but settles on this path of destruction, because, well she is starting to miss the chaos and the noise just a teeny tiny bit.


path of destruction



She checks the clock in the quiet house to see how much longer until the kids get home.

It sure is nice to miss your kids every now and then. Especially when they come home with things like this.


mommy love

21 comments:

  1. YAY for the D90. I have a D40 but already have my eyes set on a D40. I need to learn a little more first. :-)
    I bet a kid free day was nice. Quiet but nice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, 26.5 hours!!! That's amazing. And, well deserved, too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds perfectly divine friend.

    26.5 hours of bliss :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds and looks like everyone had a good little break! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey!! how did you get a picture of MY daughters bedroom floor!! lol

    Glad you got a well deserved break!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ten hours of uninterrupted sleep? Is that for real??? WOW!
    So glad you had such a nice relaxing time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a wonderful way to spend a day...sounds perfect!

    I am about to burst with jealousy over your camera...I'll try not to hate you for it. :)

    I love what you said about how its nice to have a chance to miss your kids every once in a while...how true that is!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Are you serious!!???? The D90????? Oh you lucky dog!!!!!! I assume you don't have it yet? I can't wait to see the photos though!

    What an amazing time you had without kids. I cannot even begin to imagine it. I have never had kid free time overnight since my first was born. We are SOOOOO overdue!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. The D90, wow! I would squeal too. What a day! Nothing like a little absence to make the heart grow fonder, right? Love your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like a perfect day! Especially the shopping part. I don't remember the last time I went shopping without one or both of the kids.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow - that is amazing!!! The camera and the kid-free time :-) Imagine the pictures we will now enjoy when we come to check on your blog?? The wine and cheese photo is perfect - I loooooove white wine but my husband usually chooses red for us. I'm so glad you enjoyed your "day off".

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a LOVELY day. Good for you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. What makes days like this a treasure is knowing they are rare and to be savored and the kids are happy too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Sounds like time well spent :) So glad you were able to savor those hours.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Sounds like a perfect time!!! And congrats on the new camera!!!!


    :)
    ~Tabitha~

    freshmommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. OH MY WORD.....A new camera....lucky lucky you. Woo Hoo! how exciting.
    oh and it sounds like you made good use of your time. :)
    have a great Sunday!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I swear I was reading that post and thinking...I WOULD DO THE EXACT SAME THING!!!!!!!

    And honey a D90??!?! Sooooo happy for you!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I have an award waiting over at my place when you have a moment.

    ReplyDelete