Well, let's see. There was some snow.
There was a lovely dinner at my brother's house.
the girls with grandma, grandpa and their great nana
And there was New Years, which also happens to be my birthday, which also happened to be the day another snow storm rolled through.
We ordered our traditional take out Chinese and let the girls stay up to shower Daddy with kisses at midnight. If you think that means they slept any later the next day, you would be wrong.
And the rest of the week? We watched movies. We watched lots of SpongeBob. We took turns napping. We slept in. We ate leftovers and breakfast for dinner. I even set some goals for myself in the New Year.
Our regularly scheduled program of work, school, activities and playdates resumes tomorrow and the quest to lose the five pounds gained over the holidays begins.
Wahhhh.





Their dresses are too cute!
ReplyDeletesounds heavenly!
ReplyDeletelovely photos
ReplyDeleteI hear ya-if you have any secrest to losing the weight, please share!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you all had a wonderful time.
Happy New Year!
Happy Belated Birthday! My youngest's birthday is on Jan 1st teehee.
ReplyDeleteYour pictures are wonderful and I too love those dresses!!
You're brave letting the girls stay up so late! Mine were in bed at 8pm like usual and we DVR'ed the ball dropping to show it to them at a reasonable hour the next day, lol. Love the Chinese dresses with the Chinese food - too cute!
ReplyDeleteThe girls look beautiful as always! The pictures too! Happy belated birthday! My mom's is New Year's Day. I hear you on the staying up later not equating to sleeping later :(
ReplyDeleteDid you change your blog layout/options? I am having a hard time posting comments!
ReplyDeleteI love the new look of your blog! Great job!
ReplyDeleteHappy Birthday To Youuuuuuu!
I love the photos, the girls are just darling!
Thank you for stopping over to grab your award. I am a bit behind on notifications! LOL!
Sounds like a great week. And don't worry, the extra five pounds will fall off as you start running all around between errands, work, preschool, etc, etc, etc...
ReplyDeleteWow, what a great wrap up! : )
ReplyDeleteLOVE the girls dresses - too precious!
That snow picture is just too cute!
ReplyDeleteLooks like you had a wonderful week! :)
ReplyDeleteFabulous pictures, and I really can't believe the cute outfits you always have those girls in! Adorable. I love the first picture - she looks totally enthralled with the snow! Good luck on the weight loss . . . I'm right there with you.
ReplyDeleteThe girls' New Year's Eve dresses are beautiful! Happy New Year to you and your family. :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great picture! I'm so sad that I didn't get a picture of my excited children and their friends bouncing around at midnight. Gotta put it on my To Do list for next year!
ReplyDeletehave i told you lately how much i love coming to your world??
ReplyDeletethe pictures. the words. beautiful friend.
btw - happy, happy birthday :)
and when this photo thing takes off, might you be available in kansas?
Happy New Year! Happy Birthday!
ReplyDeleteAnd can I just add...your little girls always have the prettiest dresses!
Oh they are just SO beautiful Beth! And happy belated birthday, I hope it was grand and you were well pampered!
ReplyDelete