Thursday, January 8, 2009

the life and times of a five year old

Monday: Insist on attempting to "ice skate" on the thin layer of ice covering the walkway rather than just walking through the garage to get to the car. Spend the rest of day whining about scratched, bruised bottom.

Tuesday: Attempt to hide slightly, um, soiled underpants by tucking them under the radiator. Who knew heat intensifies smells like that?

Wednesday: Get in trouble for carving a picture on the back of the leather chair with a toothpick. Perhaps signing full name at the bottom of the picture was not such a good idea.

Thursday: At Gymboree, Mommy explains that after my return I have $40 to spend. Check out the new arrivals, find a cute dress in my size and announce "Look, Mom, it is a number 7 and it is on sale! Do I have enough money to buy it?"

Five years old. So much to learn, yet so darn smart.


8 comments:

  1. They always seem to have the money part all figured out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hahaha! Life with a 5 year old. Ya gotta love it! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a cutie! This could easily have been me telling the story about Morgan. These kids kill me :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a smarty pants...and trouble at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have had one heck of a week! LOL! I bet that leather chair has a very new artsy look to it. :) Izabel at almost 3 is a handful, your scaring me with age 5 stories. LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Um, my husband laughed pretty hard at Wednesday. He felt like that might be something that could happen here too :-) What a beautiful picture, that girl has eyes that just sparkle. My oldest is almost five, I can hardly believe it.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh... that made me laugh. :) I can't wait for those lessons with my boy.

    ReplyDelete