Two years ago, my daughter was terrified of boys. Whenever she saw one coming, she tried to hide.
Last year she grudgingly accepted their right to exist, but certainly wanted nothing to do with them.
So this year at kindergarten orientation when I saw she was sitting at a table with another girl and two boys, I assumed it was the girl that she would be interested in meeting and becoming friends with.
I thought wrong. Apparently it is the boy who sits next to her that has captured her attention.
"I like this boy Ryan in my class. He is soooo cute."
"Ryan eats gold fish at snack. *sigh* I want to date with him"
"Ryan has dark hair and boy clothes. I told him and want to kiss with him but he said no. And he is on my bus to and the bus goes like this and then around and then it drops him off?"
She summed up the situation for one of the neighborhood boys as follows "So, I have a new boyfriend at school that does not want to kiss me"
I love that she is total unfazed and undeterred by the complete lack of interest on the part of this little boy.
I feel like as a responsible parent, I should probably be more alarmed, but honestly? She cracks me up. However, I have told her that school is not a place for dating or kissing. At least not until high school. Ghesh.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This is the cutest darn thing. And the picture she drew him...oh my gosh! Ahhh, young love. So innocent.
ReplyDeletePS - watch out, Mom! She's what...6 going on 16!
hehehe! That is so cute.
ReplyDeleteJoey was so upset when this girl at the park kissed him. He thought he was going to have to marry her. I told him he doesn't have to marry her, but he better not kiss any other girls or he will have to marry them for sure! ;)