One full week of school down, and it would seem that we are settling into a nice little routine around here.
Claire gave the following report following day two of preschool: "Mommy, I did not cry this time because I did not miss you!! I did all the parts and I made a new friend who was wearing a cat shirt. She stood next to me in line." And better yet, two full days with no potty accidents!!
Abby cracks me up on a daily basis with comments that I can't seem to manage to write down. Things like "Don't worry. I am wearing a great shirt, so it is okay if my hair is a mess" in response to "You need to brush your hair before school".
She loves her new teacher and pretty much everything about going to school. I think the routine was sorely needed after a summer of freedom. And when she is not in school or at soccer, Abby can be found roaming the neighborhood with her pack of girls. Aside from the occasional dramatic meltdown, life is good.
As for me, I have volunteered to be a room parent for both girl's classes (a decision I am fairly sure I will end up regretting), my October is pretty much booked up with fall photo sessions, my house is strangely well organized (for my house anyway) and I am very happy to be cooking up soups again.
And finally, because no post is complete without pictures, apple picking. It just would not be fall without it.
Sunday, September 20, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




Sounds like they are settling into their routine.
ReplyDeleteWishing we had a place to go apple picking...