That pretty much sums up our week.
Earlier in the week Abby was sick so now, predictably, Claire is sick. Feverish, boggers pouring out everywhere type sick. All things considered, Claire is being a very good sport, but she is fussier than usual and needs bit more attention. She gets to watch her favorite TV shows and pick her favorite foods to eat, just like Abby did all of 3 days ago. Abby CANNOT handle this. She is yelling and screaming and throwing herself on the floor over the littlest of problems. She insists she is sick again. So sick. Much sicker than anyone has ever been. So sick that she should get all the attention, ever. Just what I need after being up most of the night with a sick baby. Not to mention the fact that I am not feeling so hot myself.
To buy us all a few hours of peace I called in Grandma to take Abby out for some special big girl time. So we will get through today, but I can not help but wonder if I have created a monster or just a typical four year old in Abby. How is it that she has so little ability to focus on the needs of anyone other than herself? To delay what she wants for even the smallest amount of time. Is it her personality? Her age? Is she given too much attention? Not enough attention? This parenting business is hard.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment