Before Halloween was even over this year, Abby started thinking about what she wanted to be next year. The thoughts come as randomly as everything else she does. At breakfast "Mommy, for Halloween next year I want to be the little guy with one eye in Monsters Inc. Can you make that costume?" Then "Mommy I want to be Wendy from Peter Pan." Then days later while on the potty "Mommy, does Wendy wear an elastic in her hair? I think I need to get one."
Then it was Dash from the Incredibles. Then Snow White. Then every year I am going to be a different princess until I have been all of the princesses, then I will be Sleeping Beauty. And the latest "Mommy, can I be a cat for Halloween? With mittens for paws so I can still get the candy?" Clearly, my answer is always yes since we have a long way to go until October.
Today she tells me "Mommy, picking what you want to be for Halloween is REALLY hard" Clearly, I could not possibly understand. The year long pressure of it all. The possibility of picking the wrong costume and getting no candy. Or ruining the preschool Halloween parade maybe? I love that this is the hardest thing in her life right now because that means her life is really pretty good.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment