Sunday, December 7, 2008

the magic of the first snow

The first snow of the season. A magical, magical morning.

Here we have Claire exploring the white stuff in an array of quickly assembled hand-me-down snow gear.




Where is Abby? Um, well, she just happens to be in her room riping off her snow suit and screaming her head off due to technical difficulties with her socks and the fact that she had to wear rain boots because, terrible mother that I am, I have not bought new snow boots yet.

Ah, the joy.

And here we have Daddy and his girls proudly displaying our very first snowman of the year.

15 comments:

  1. I'm so jealous of your snowman. Although I would get cold in about 2 minutes and have to watch all the action from the window while sipping my hot cocoa! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great snowman! We have absolutely no experience with making snowmen...ours would be homley looking I fear.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes friend there is something totally magical about the first snow!

    Love the pictures, and the fact that Abby had "sock" issues. Too funny. Sounds like my oldest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. These photos are WONDERFUL! I love them all. What a treat to see.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What awesome pictures - like usual! :) We were so excited to wake up and see the snow too, it was a nice surprise on a Sunday morning. And I was LOL about Abby because that is SO something that would happen with both of my girls! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. still waiting for our magic first snow here...

    so please don't think it weird if beans and i keep coming back and enjoying yours :)

    ps - the last picture is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This made me laugh!

    And reminded me that we are heading to MA in about a week and a half. We live in NC so we don't have snow gear but every year before the trip I buy a pair of cheap snow boots at Target. Last year I bought them too big in hopes that they would fit this year. But we never have any snow clothes and I'm not buying any! It would be a huge waste of money.

    It looks like everyone had fun once the clothes/boot trauma died down!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What fun! The girls look so cute all bundled up. And wow, what a great snowman! That would be a great Christmas Card photo!

    You take such amazing photos too. I enjoy your posts very much!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow, GREAT snowman!!! And as always, great pics. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow-good snowman, we didnt get enough to build a snowman on our 1st snow. Your pictures are beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW!!!! That is one awesome snowman! We have yet to create one that is taller than 2 feet (and that's pushing it). We didn't get that much snow this weekend where we are. Just a little dusting.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cutest snowman ever and cutest girls too!!! LOL at the sock issues - we have those here too. Boots and socks and snow just don't mix. Glad the girls had fun :-) We had a snow weekend too.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a great snowman!

    And, for a throw together outfit...she looks really good!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Awesome snowman! I remember loving the snow as kid, and I feel bad that my kids won't get to experience the snow like that, since we now live in the South.
    On the other hand, it is supposed to be 70 degrees here tomorrow... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ohh, great snow man!! See, you were able to get out and get some good pics!! Yay, you!!

    :)

    ReplyDelete