The shoes that the second child spotted on a toddler height rack at Marshals while the mother was looking for snow boots for the first child.
The mother looked at the shoes and noted that they were incredibly tacky and a size smaller than the second child's feet. She also noted the excitement in the child's eyes.
"Okay, sweetie, let's see if they fit"
And magically, just like Cinderella, they did.
"I love them! I love them! I love them!" the second child chanted as she bounced around the children's shoe section.
The mother would never have bought a pair of shoes like this for the first child as a toddler. The first child was always taken to Stride Rite where her feet where properly measured and sturdy, supportive shoes were selected.
The mother had certainly had her share of shoe fights in the past, but on this particular morning she decided it was worth spending $9.99 on a pair of cheap, tacky shoes that might not even fit next week.
The glittery pink princess shoes with bows stayed on the second child's feet. The smile on her face got bigger and her eyes sparkled as she bounced through the store.
When she darted off and hid behind the coats, the mother found her by looking for the sparkly pink shoes.
"You need to stay with Mommy or we are going to have to bring those shoes back," the mother warned.
The second child stayed right by the mother's side through the rest of the store. The mother even took a minute to look at the women's shoes. She did not really need anything and did not buy anything, but still it was nice to get a chance to look somewhere other than the children's section.
The shoes stayed firmly in place all day and were reluctantly removed only at bedtime. The mother looked at them carefully placed by the second child's bureau and decided that maybe they were kind of cute after all.

Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek



I found that very touching. Kids are so capable of such overflowing love -- and not just for shoes. They are cute though, my Emma would be very impressed.
ReplyDeleteAre you kidding me? They are precious! I have a shoe fiend too. She loves her shoes!
ReplyDeleteha ha - we have some of those shoes here!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cute little story of mommy and daughter! I can relate too.
ReplyDeleteThose shoes are adorable!
Awwww, sweet. The shoes are kind of cute, I don't think they look that tacky! I have done the same thing before, and it has certainly given me a little bit of peace. Of course, it was never for shoes b/c my two who can talk are boys :-) I hope she gets another day of fun out f those adorable shoes!
ReplyDeleteHa!
ReplyDeleteYep-cute...and PINK!!
You just gotta love it & anything on them feet well its going to look smashing!
Those are adorable shoes!! Fabulous darling, fabulous! It's funny that you mentioned taking them to StrideRite and checking the fit and all. *sigh* I never did that. I buy whatever looks cute and they'll wear. LOL!
ReplyDeleteThose are adorable! And apparently they are magic too!!! :)
ReplyDeleteOh My! I think those shoes are precious and sooo girly I would have loved them as a little girl. I am so glad that she loves them. Cute story.
ReplyDeleteOh those shoes are just darling... and so the kind that I buy my daughter!!!!! We love tacky, sparkly shoes!!!!!!!! Too cute, and I love that she loved them!!!!! Fun times, shopping for shoes with mommy!
ReplyDelete:)
~Tabitha~
www.freshmommyblog.com
I think those shoes are cute too! My kids beg me for stuff like that all the time. I always refuse. I probably should just give in sometime, they are cheap and the kids absolutely love them.
ReplyDeletei love the shoes!!
ReplyDeleteAll shoes are cute when they are that small. :)
ReplyDeleteL♥ve the shoes :)
ReplyDeleteI love it! And they are cute in a kid I need these fashion!
ReplyDeleteI wouldn't have been able to resist either. I love little girl's shoes. Wish they made some of them in my size. haha :)
ReplyDeleteGREAT story. melted my heart. thank you for sharing.
ReplyDeleteSometimes I wish I had a reason to buy shoes like that... ; ) So glad you gave in!
ReplyDeleteThose are great shoes because when in your life will she ever be able to wear such sparkle-y shoes again? How sassy!
ReplyDeleteThey are very cute. Perfect for the princess. Does the older daughter want a pair?
ReplyDeleteI think those shoes are adorable...esp for 9.99!
ReplyDeleteI think they're adorable! It's amazing how gaudy can be so cute on a little girl (and I actually don't think those are gaudy - gaudy are the pink glitter shoes MH wore for Halloween and since, think Ruby Red Slippers a-la Tar-jay). Even our gaudy pink glitter shoes are perfect on MH!
ReplyDeleteGlad you could make Claire so happy :)