This is Claire hugging the package of ten Disney Princess lip glosses she got from Santa. "This is my favorite! I love it! I love it! I love it!", she exclaimed after opening this gift and pretty much every gift she got. However, in mysterious two year old fashion, she still insists Easter is her favorite holiday.
After some anxious moments on Christmas Eve (I did my best to be good, really I did. I did not mean to hit Claire, Mommy, I am REALLY telling the truth), Abby was thrilled to discover gifts from Santa on Christmas morning.
However, I think her proudest moment came when she got to hand out the gifts she had carefully selected and payed for all by herself at her school's holiday shoppe. For her, I think this was as exciting as opening her own mound o' presents.
It turns out Santa was pretty good to Mommy too. I got almost everything on my wish list, including two new camera lenses that I am having lots of fun playing with (the Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens and the Nikon 18-200mm) and these awesome slippers that are not coming off of my feet until spring.
But at the end of the day, even the girls agreed that it was the house full of family, food and laughter that was the best gift of all.
A perfect, perfect end to the holiday season.
Maybe we will make it out for New Years. If I still fit in my jeans, that is.



Love the picture of Claire with her gift from Santa. Children are just so honest with their emotions.
ReplyDeleteGreat pictures!!
ReplyDeleteI'm glad Santa was good to everyone :D
You got TWO lenses for Christmas!! You must have been a very good girl this year! My Nikon 50 1.8 is definitely my fav. You will absolutely LOVE it.
ReplyDeleteI hope you had a great Christmas. You will love your new lenses, especially the 50 mm! I am with you regarding jeans, I hope mine will fit by mid-week! lol
ReplyDeleteadorable photo!
ReplyDeleteAwww-so sweet!!
ReplyDeleteI grabbed some Princess lipgloss just like that they had at the dollar store for my babys stocking and it TORE up her lips...you will see when I post some of the Christmas pictures-insane. Just wanted to share that just in case you got the same one.
But she looks so adorable and happy!
Looks like you had a wonderful and very blessed Christmas!
Sounds like the perfect holiday... Merry Christmas and now... Happy New Year! : )
ReplyDeleteSuch an awesome picture! Captured the moment perfectly. Sounds like you guys had a wonderful holiday. :)
ReplyDeleteThat sounds like a perfect day to me! I LOVE that first picture!!
ReplyDeleteSounds like a GREAT christmas. :) love that first shot.
ReplyDeleteCongrats on the new lenses. woo hoo! have fun!
Sounds like it was a wonderful Christmas! Your title and the first shot is just priceless :) Love it!
ReplyDeleteWishing you and your family a happy new year!