Tuesday, April 21, 2009

i ♥ faces - kids self portrait

For a couple of months now, I have been admiring all of the wonderful and creative entries each week over at I ♥ Faces and, finally, I have decided to join the fun.

This week's theme is self portraits. The rules are that you must take the photo and you must be holding the camera when you take it (no tripods).

self portrait


As the family photographer, I am rarely in pictures myself so I thought it would be fun to take a shot of myself and my girls to enter in the kids category. I originally planned to do them laying in the grass but even in the shade, even on an overcast day, the sky was to bright so we ended up taking this shot inside on the bed.

As anyone who has ever taken a hand held self portrait knows, they are very much hit or miss. I took about 30 shots and this one turned out to be my favorite. I like that the three of us are smiling real smiles and that the focus is not sharp, adding a feeling of motion and emotion. It just feels like us on any given day.



18 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the joyful, playful expressions on your faces - way to go making this a fun challenge for you and your kids! Cute entry.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great shot!

    And you are beautiful! I don't recall seeing a picture of you on your blog - am I crazy?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very sweet. Everyone looks so happy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love it - what a perfect shot. I love the feeling captured, and yes, the smiles look so genuine and real!! Abby *really* looks like you :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOVE it!! I also totally adore the beautiful smiles that tells what FUN you were having while trying to take that shot!

    Juggling those bad boys are NOT easy for a self-portrait! Should have used my point and shoot! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great photo! You and your girls are beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww, look at you ladies, you are gorgeous! : )

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love it!!! It should definitely be framed! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very pretty, all three of you! Great shot

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love how happy you all are. What a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That is a great photo! You are all adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a fun, beautiful picture! you are beautiful -- all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love it Beth. Sometimes I definitely feel as if the blurrier pictures more aptly capture our out of focus lives. :)

    and thanks for the ever so kind comment at my place - you are sweet, and I so love the support.

    (and your new banner, too! or is it new? i have been so bad about reading - and writing - lately!)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the picture!!
    Glad you finally played along..you will love it and your pictures deserve to be there!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the capture! It turned out fabulous and you all have such beautiful smiles.

    Sorry I have been MIA, you fell off my blog list when I changed my design. You are there again, lol!

    ReplyDelete