Thursday, April 23, 2009

my happy list

So I have been doing a fair amount of complaining around here lately, no? The weather, the kids driving me crazy, the economy, blah, blah, blah.

So in an effort to focus on the positive, I am shamelessly stealing the idea of a happy list from my always fabulous friend, the shoe obsessed one.

On my happy list today:

A child free dinner with my husband comprised entirely of wine, bread, cheese and other no cook goodies from Whole Foods.

This picture. Just looking at it makes me happy.

colorful claire

A brand new tube of Dior Show mascara. Best. Mascara Ever.

Happy hour starts at 5 pm tonight. Have I mentioned that I have the world's best neighbors? I can think of no better way to end the day than a glass of wine with friends while the neighborhood kids run wild.

A fabulous photo session yesterday with the most adorable one year old. There is really nothing like doing what you love!

A forecast that includes multiple days of 80 degree weather! Yoo Hoo! Those girls of mine, the ones that were begging to go to the beach last week? We are so there. In their new Gymboree sundresses. Expect to see pictures.

So there you have it. My happy list for today. Which truly only scratches the surface of the most superficial things I have to be happy for, in addition to the amazing husband, two healthy girls and food on the table that I take for granted on a daily basis.

Expect to see more happy here on a weekly basis.

7 comments:

  1. How fun that you all have happy hour in your neighborhood! I'm lucky to get a wave as I drive by :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love lookin' on the bright side and it sounds like it's pretty "bright" around there lately! :) Excited to see the girls in their sundresses and cheers to a kid-free dinner (see me toasting with my virgin something drink since I can't have alcohol right now? bummer)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, we need to start happy hour in our neighborhood...that is fab.

    Can't wait to see the pictures from the beach.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love your list! Sounds like you've been visiting the "fishful thinking" website. You ought to check it out. There's a link on my blog. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Just had to comment because I love your sunshiny blog. And this post reminds me of something a bunch of pals are doing: it's a "three things" journal where at the end of the day they write 3 things that made them happy that day, they do it for a year. From "found other sock" to "a memorable day full of leisure and romance." Maybe that can be the follow up to 365 project!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your happy list makes ME happy!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic - I so need a happy list after the month I've just had!! I adore those sundresses - wow!!! I am devastated b/c when my kids and I were all sick with the flu I missed my Gymbucks redemption and I had four of them. Worst timing ever - I had high hopes of some cute dresses for my little one :)

    ReplyDelete