Monday, October 13, 2008

fall follies

Crisp air, warm sun, beautiful colors everywhere. This weekend was the very best of fall in New England, which of course means I had to drag my children out to every possible fall activity.

First there was apple picking...



...then a train ride...



...a carousel ride...



...and kiddie rides followed by bright red candy apples, hot dogs and fire works...



Sunday featured a hayride with Oma...



...pony rides...



... a petting zoo and of course the pumpkin patch...




But both girls agreed, the very best part of the weekend was the giant, candy filled pumpkin falling from the sky and the mad dash for candy that followed.




15 comments:

  1. sounds like my kind of weekend friend!

    happy, happy fall :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! you packed alot of great fun into your weekend. whew...I'm exhausted just thinking about it. I would have LOVED to see that pumpkin fall. WOW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU inspire me to take better photos.

    gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. YOU inspire me to take better photos.

    gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pictures!

    I've never seen the pumpkin drop thing before. That's too funny! Looks like a fun-filled weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such perfect photos, Beth. Great shots! Those girls are so darn cute, and they have the most adorable clothes! That picture of you and Claire is stunning - you two are gorgeous and just look so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. WOW! I didn't realize there was candy in that pumpkin! I was thinking someone was going to get lots of pumpkin guts splattered all over them!

    Your children are beyond adorable, btw!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. The weather was rather glorious this weekend :) Looks like you all made the most of it! What a fabulous time. I've never seen the dropping pumpkin thing before :)

    Your girls are darling.

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a fantastic weekend it was, huh? We super lucked out weather-wise. Love the pictures, so classic New England!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Seriously, could the weather in New England this weekend have BEEN more perfect for fall festivities?!?

    We did the same as you but in reverse - pumpkin patch, hayrides, kiddie rides, yummy foods on Saturday and apple picking on Sunday.

    MH now likes the "crust" (aka skin) on apples - she informed me that she is a BIG girl, and no longer needs me to peel her apples for her.

    Fabulous pictures - you all look GREAT!

    Glad you enjoyed the weekend as much as we did - this is perfect living in NE!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a great weekend!
    That pumpkin drop looks awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Looks like such a fun time!!

    Love the pictures of Abby and Claire!

    ReplyDelete
  13. How fun! Sounds like a pumpkin pinata?! Very cool. Great pics too.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Is that a real pumpkin? OT sounds like s great weekend. I love merry-go-rounds.

    ReplyDelete
  15. What a great time you guys had! Where was that, it looks so cool! Love the pumpkin candy drop! My kids would DIE!

    ReplyDelete