As a mother, it is my job to teach my children. To use everyday activities to teach them lessons about how the world works and what is expected of them. A daunting task to be sure. And one that I often feel like I am failing miserably at.
But every now and then, something happens that makes me realize my kids are in fact learning from me.
This year for Halloween Abby wanted to have a party, so I suggested we invite over a few neighborhood friends for pizza before trick-or-treating. She was thrilled.
She made up invitations, selected some decorations from Target and planned her menu.
Since it is her party, I sat down with her and helped her make a list of the things she needed to do to get ready for the party. I suggested items like clean off the table and put up decorations. A good lesson in responsibility.
Abby's suggested addition to the list?
"Make sure there is wine for the Mommies"
I have taught her well.
Friday, October 31, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

hahaha! That's hilarious. They pick up on everything, don't they?
ReplyDeleteHave fun tonight!
(I have a little Halloween treat for my bloggin' friends on my blog if ya have a chance to stop by!)
that is totally. awesome.
ReplyDeleteseriously!!
THAT.CRACKED.ME.UP!!!! Thanks for the giggle.
ReplyDeleteHave a wonderful Halloween!
omg that is hysterical! My kids would say the same thing - is that bad? :)
ReplyDeleteThat's hysterical! I love it, smart girl!!
ReplyDeleteAbbyyyyy ... cute fast learner ! :)
ReplyDeleteI am sure this is a lesson my kids will quickly learn, too!
ReplyDeleteI'm sending Charlotte and Claire over for lessons. Tell Abby to set me out a glass!
ReplyDelete