
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Every year for Christmas I make photo calendars for my mother and my mother in law. Twelve months of pictures of their granddaughters pretty much guarantees it is a hit every year.
Now you would think with the amount of pictures I take, finding twelve decent shots would not be a problem, but you would be wrong.
You see, I like my pictures to match the month of the year. Beach pictures for August, Christmas pictures for December, etc. You don't know how excited I will be if it snows in November and I am able to capture that perfect January shot.
So you can imagine how excited I was when Abby was outside at the end of the day (perfect light) in this cute matching outfit that looked rather back to school-ish and agreed to pose for a picture. Hello, Ms. September!


Great fall picture. And perfect exposure too!
ReplyDeleteWe're Christmas calendar people too.
What a great idea!!!!
ReplyDeleteOh photo calendars!! What a great idea!
ReplyDeleteCute cute cute picture of your perfect little one. I am totally digging her love of recess shirt!
I think I needed one of those as a teacher! :)
Happy PSF!
great - I do this too - but with a scrapbook - grandma loves it!!
ReplyDeleteYou are right, everything about that shot is perfect! She's so pretty and the natural light shines gracefully on her skin! Beautiful!
ReplyDeletePlease VISIT My PSF. Thanks!
I gave you an award too. Not sure if I told you yet (my mind is mush) but you can see it over at my bloggy blog.
ReplyDeleteOh, I LOVE that little Miss September!!
ReplyDeleteI really need to do a calendar this year...SUCH a great idea!!
Aw, what a sweet photo and a fun idea..
ReplyDeleteI love Recess too. That shirt is way to cute..
She is so gorgeous in that shot - it IS perfect and looks totally back to school! Is that her headband matching her skirt???? Well done, Abby :-)
ReplyDeleteGreat shot! She makes a fabulous Miss September.
ReplyDeleteI do the same thing for my family, but it has gotten a little out of hand because everyone wants them, not just the grandparents. I think I do like 8 calendars or more. And, I make my life much more complicated by putting multiple pictures of the kids for each month and trying to personalize the calendar by finding pictures of the kids with the recipient to throw in here and there. Like I said...out of control.
Omg so cute!
ReplyDeleteI did the same thing this year. I took a picture from each month in 2008 to be on the 2009 calender. The only difference is December ... I used our very first Christmas Portrait.
Yes, GMs gonna love this one!!
ReplyDeleteThat is an AWESOME pic of Abby! She's a cutie!!
ReplyDeletecutest ms september ever!
ReplyDeleteYour princesses are beautiful! Congrats on Mrs. September. I do the same gift every year and also do famous quotes or phrases the kids say under them. It's usually pretty funny & heartwarming.
ReplyDeleteCute! I have always loved the IDEA of making a calendar.....
ReplyDeleteWhat a fabulous idea! I bet my MIL would love a calendar :)
ReplyDeleteThis is a great shot! Sometimes I feel like these candid shots are just far better than studio ones :)
What a great idea and what a great shot! Too cute!
ReplyDeleteLast minute every year I think that I would love to do this with mine and each year I look through the pictures frustrated. I need to write this down somewhere for next year so I can work throughout the year at getting the right shots. This is a beautiful picture!
ReplyDeleteA matching outfit? Clearly she needs to teach my kids about this!
ReplyDeleteWow, that picture is incredible.
ReplyDeletewe do photo calendars for the grandparents as well, and that is a great "back to school" photo!
ReplyDeleteThat is one reason I love digital so much - take a ton of pics and only print the ones that are really great.
ReplyDeleteIt's perfect. I do the same thing! I like the months to match. It's harder, but I can't look at a beach picture in December!!
ReplyDeleteI do the calendars for my family too! They are the perfect gifts! And this IS the perfect shot!
ReplyDelete