Monday, March 9, 2009

overheard at Rite Aid

How a toddler and a preschooler make simple errands fun:

Abby: "Mommy, what are you getting anyway?"

Me: "Medicine."

Abby: "THAT MEDICINE THAT KEEPS YOU FROM HAVING BABIES???"

Me: "Yes, honey, that would be the one."

Claire: "Can I get this Mommy? It is strawberry flavor!!" (frantically waving around a bottle of flavored personal lubricant that just happened to be by the pharmacy counter at toddler height)

19 comments:

  1. That is tooooo funny! Did you have a laugh, or turn an uncomfortable shade of red?

    ReplyDelete
  2. tee hee...kids are dangerous at the pharmacy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG, that is hysterical!!! I just about died about the medicine comment, but then almost peed my pants over the lubricant!! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh that is just too funny!!
    Ive missed ya...Im so sorry about your kitty.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh sooo funny friend.

    i can't wait till they read back over this post when they are older!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So glad you're back, friend...and that is completely hysterical.

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh I love it! I'm not sure my daughter even knows that you can prevent babies...too funny.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally sitting in my chair chuckling at the screen... very funny!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh no - those two would pair up with with my boys who asked me this week if a tampon was "an extension of my vagina, to make a penis"? Cuz you know, EVERYONE needs a penis, apparently :-)

    See where we get just from telling our kids the truth??!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Too funny! Were you mortified or did you laugh it off??

    ReplyDelete
  11. Haha! That was funny! I'm still laughing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. The Poo told me the other day that I should "get some medicine for my vagina" after watching a Vagisil commercial.

    ReplyDelete
  13. ROTFLMAO!! Priceless, I so wish I was the lady standing behind you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. oh my word. that is just hilarious.
    Thanks for the giggles.

    ReplyDelete
  15. hahaha! Gotta love it. :)

    ReplyDelete