So it would seem that it has been almost two weeks since I wrote a post. What have I been up to lately? Well lets see...
Last Saturday our cat seemed healthy and happy, blending into the chaos and routines of the day, just like every other day of his eleven years with us.
Sunday our cat started throwing up.
Tuesday found me moving the cat around the house to his favorite sunny spots since I knew that this day would be his last day on this earth.
Wednesday morning found me at the vets office holding my dead cat in my arms.
Wednesday at around noon time my neighbor came by to take my girls for the afternoon with an offer to come by for tea if I felt like talking or being with the girls (which by the way, if you are like me and never know the right thing to do in social situations, is the perfect thing to do if you find your neighbor sobbing while chopping massive amounts of fruit with a rather large knife).
Thursday I took the girls shopping for sandals.
Yesterday it was 60 degrees outside.
I am hopeful for spring. Hopeful that I can be a more fun, loving and patient mother and wife. Hopeful that I can find joy in each day because like the cat, we are all healthy until suddenly we aren't.
I am also hopeful that more frequent and sunshiny posts are on the way...
Sunday, March 8, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

This comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteI am so sorry about your cat... I have never commented before but love your blog (and cats too) and was so sad last year when I lost mine.
ReplyDeleteOh hon, so sorry about your kitty. Losing pets is hard, I know. And thank goodness for good neighbors. I know about that too! : ) Hugs to you...
ReplyDeleteOh, Beth, I'm so sorry. How awful. I know how hard that can be, we lost a dog a couple years ago and it was really devastating. It sounds like you've had a rough week, and I hope things are looking up soon. Hang in there . . .
ReplyDeleteSandal shopping already??? I'm very envious!!!
I'm sorry to hear about your cat. That must be so hard.
ReplyDeleteThank goodness for your neighbor helping out.
I hope Spring comes soon!
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. I hope you feel better soon.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great neighbor you have!
I am so sorry. I can only imagine how difficult this time is for you. Losing a pet is like losing a family member. My heart goes out to you and your family.
ReplyDeleteIt was a lovely, warm day today just outside of Boston. Hope there was sunshine over there for you as well.
I'm so sorry to hear about your cat. Thank God for wonderful neighbors to help out in those situations. I'm hoping that Spring, sunshine and smiles come soon!
ReplyDeletexoxo
sorry bout your cat friend...
ReplyDeletespring seems to be the only thing that can make anything better as of late!
hoping sunshine and green grass find you soon!
I missed you and am glad you popped in. I am so sorry to hear about your kitty. They make the best companions but I've lost a few as well. It sucks.
ReplyDeleteHope the days of sun arrive soon and the 60 degree temps stay for good!
I am so sorry about your kitty.
ReplyDelete:( I'm so sorry for your loss. :( hugs!
ReplyDelete