In the morning Abby would wake up Daddy (good already, right?) so they could go get coffee and doughnuts from a little homemade doughnut shack about twenty minutes away. The coffee was mediocre but the extra hour to sleep or enjoy the quiet each morning was priceless.
As they headed out one morning, I handed Abby my little point and shoot camera and told her to take some pictures. I got back 110 pictures, the majority of which were taken in the car on the way to the doughnut shop.
Here we have Claire and lambie:
Then a self portrait of Abby:
Daddy driving:
...about 50 similar shots, plus lots of blurry shots out the car window...
...then, Ariel and a doughnut:
A shot of Daddy:
And finally, a couple of shots of the girls taken by Daddy:

A photographer in the making - you got to love that! So cute!
ReplyDeleteI love the shots of lambie! So cute that we have the exact same one!! The girls are adorable, as always...looks like your family is having some good summer fun!
ReplyDeleteYOu know I love to see these. How fun! :) SHe is good! :)
ReplyDeleteI loved the story and the pictures. It reminds me of staying at my family's cabin in this tiny lake town of Canada- there's a bakery about ten miles away, and we like to go get butter tarts and coffee while it's still early, then bring them back to the sleepyheads.
ReplyDeleteoh if only the new ritual could be everyday :)
ReplyDeleteseriously the donuts look delish!!
Looks like you have the making of a little photographer on your hands!! :-)
ReplyDeleteThose are not bad for a four year old!!! How utterly fantastic you were able to sleep in a bit while daddy had some early a.m. time with his gals . . . and donuts too, who could beat that?? I love the shot from the back of the car, showing the view she sees of daddy in the driver's seat . . . reminds me of how small they really are at this age :-)
ReplyDeleteFun! That's a great idea to give the kids the camera. :)
ReplyDeleteHey, that girl has pretty darn good eye!! Love the camera idea and LOVE the ritual. I think maybe a gentle suggestion to Jon is in order!!
ReplyDeleteI love seeing what kids can do with a camera - it is so neat to see things from their perspective!
ReplyDeleteAww! I love this idea :) I see a budding photographer.
ReplyDeleteHow fun is this? I bet she was loving every minute of it. My Abby would be in heaven snapping away...
ReplyDeleteI love the self-photo! She's got talent, I tell ya. :)
That donut looks delicious!
ReplyDeleteAnd the self portrait is adorable!
Look at your budding photographer! I love her self portrait. What a great idea to give her the camera!
ReplyDeleteI think you have a photog on your hands Beth! Very cute.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea, I wish I had a point and shoot that I could give Henry. I'd love to see all the world through his eyes.
ReplyDelete