Thursday, August 14, 2008

the making of the perfect picture


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


About a month ago I bought the girls matching blue sweatshirts with a beach portrait in mind. Something causal, yet Christmas Card worthy. We found a night this week when both girls were in good moods and headed down to the beach just before sunset to take advantage of the beautiful golden light.

Unfortunately, dark clouds rolled in making for weird light and Claire refused sit with her sister and smile. Two year olds can be so frustrating. Just as I was about to give up, I remembered this tip, and tried having the girls look at each other instead. I did not get my perfect "Christmas Card" shot, but I did capture some sister love instead.






35 comments:

  1. Super cute, I love those shots. The blue in the sweatshirts is so crisp, it's beautiful.

    "Two year olds can be so frustrating."

    A-freaking-men. I am right there with ya on that one. Will it ever end? The screaming is getting to me lately. Big time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sisters. When they aren't killing each other, they sure are dang cute! As for two year olds: it's not an eternal phase, it just feels like it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The second picture is great! I think that's a wonderful Christmas picture. It's so genuine

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think that first shot would make a PERFECT Christmas card. Seriously. I LOVE LOVE it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aw, those are great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Those are awesome. I'll have try that with my kids. I love the way they look at each other...most of the time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Adorable! And I hear you about trying to get 2 year olds to look at you, and smile at the same time. Mine are in the cheesy smile stage...ugh. Awesome pics - that's a great way to remember the moment.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Fantastic pictures!! They are such beautiful little girls.

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute! I still think they'd make cute cards :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Aww...how sweet and adorable! They love each other so much!

    ReplyDelete
  11. awww i love this! VERY sweet. Sisters are the BEST!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hey - I checked out your project 365 - may I ask what you shoot with? Those pics are awesome, such wonderful, beautiful memories!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh friend. i just love the sister love.

    beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'm not so sure you didn't capture the perfect picture! Very cute.

    ReplyDelete
  15. It sounds sooo easy when thinking it up.
    Head to the beach with two loving sisters, a setting sun and the calm water in the background....

    But yeah I know for one that it can be really difficult to get it to work out.
    Despite everything you got some great photos :-)

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love the pics! They look so happy and innocent!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Thank goodness you didn't give up! That is just precious!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh they are SO darn sweet, it brings tears to my eyes!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Those are great. 2 year olds definitely have their own agenda.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Looks like you've been to Cuffy's!

    Sorry you didn't get your Christmas card shot but it's still a very cute shot!

    ReplyDelete
  21. sweet shots. :) the beach has been difficult for me this year as well. argh....I'm dying for a pretty sunset.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Totally fabulous photos of your girls. I have twin 2 year olds so I know how illusive that Christmas photo can be. SOmetimes the candids are even better though!

    ReplyDelete
  23. They are incredibly adorable! So cute!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Those are very cute picture. They look more candid, and sometimes they are better than the "perfectly" posed shots. Very nice indeed.

    ReplyDelete
  25. That is so sweet! I hope mine gets a sister some day...

    ReplyDelete
  26. Adorable! I think those would be great Christmas card shots. I tend to like the photojournalistic type shots better than more posed shots anyway.

    ReplyDelete
  27. These are great shots - emotionally perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  28. How sweet!!! I definitely much prefer shots like this than the typical "Christmas card" shot. I love seeing the love and joy between siblings versus just their "smile". So much more real!

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love the one of Abby tickling Claire's cheek. It's perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  30. wow!!!! those are amazing pics!! lovin those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  31. wow!!!! those are amazing pics!! lovin those moments.

    ReplyDelete
  32. Oh yeah, you definitely got your card shot. I love the candid-ness of these. SO BEAUTIFUL and classic.

    ReplyDelete
  33. I think these would be great for a card. They're REAL after all! : )

    Such cute girls...

    ReplyDelete
  34. I think it's a great Christmas card. What I mean is, it's a great photo used or not.

    ReplyDelete