Saturday, August 30, 2008

a week of "yes"

The very last week of summer. The last week of no school and no activities. The last week of lazy mornings.

How did we spend this special week? I made it my goal to say "yes" to as many things as possible.




There were little things, like a special trip to the post office so Abby could mail a special package of treasures (two rings, a crayon, one sticker and some glue covered art) to a friend.

There was a day began wrapped in all the blankets in the house watching movies while eating dry Cheerios.

There were picnics in the backyard. There were friends, pools and Popsicles. There was painting in the driveway. There were treats from the ice cream truck at diner time (twice).

There was a trip to the Zoo.



There were visits to the butterfly garden and playground. There were overpriced carnival rides.



There was a trip to the children's museum, the one you ride the train to.





It goes without saying that the train ride was the highlight of the day.



We are looking forward to one final cookout this weekend, then it is on to school, soccer, ballet and gymnastics. On to cool nights, apple picking, hayrides and Halloween.


9 comments:

  1. Man, I want to be your kid! Sounds like your girls had such a magical summer. I'm sure they'll always remember it- if not the specifics, then at least the feelings evoked.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great Post! What a great way to end the summer. And create great memories to boot.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a perfect way to end summer!!

    and seriously can i move to where you live?? it looks like you guys have a ton of fun things to go and do!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wow - what a busy, fun week!
    Bring on the fall! I love Halloween!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a great way to end summer vacation!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have done the same thing this week - I just wish the summer wasn't over. Well it's not - we have two days!

    I am thinking we must be pretty near each other. Was that the Franklin Park Zoo?

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a sweet way to end the summer :) I LOVE the Children's museum! I haven't been in quite some time. You've inspired me to try an catch the train this week to someplace fun :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the PERFECT week. You are a wise momma...I should use you as an example more often...

    ReplyDelete