Monday, September 1, 2008

comfort

It is the end of a long afternoon. A day filled with the minor annoyances of the adult world.

I lay down my head for a minute.

A small but sure voice says "Look at me Mommy. Look at me."

I look, straight into a pair of blue eyes inches from my own.

"Why are you sad Mommy?"

I sigh. I tell her Mommy is just a little tired.

"I love you mommy" she says, "I love you so much."

She throws her tiny arms around my neck and presses her tiny body into mine.

I smile.

My two year old. When did she become the grown-up?

7 comments:

  1. That is just so sweet. Its posts like this that make me ADORE your blog. Adore it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aw. My little one has just started this too. Don't you love it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a sweet moment. Those moments can just melt your heart!

    ReplyDelete
  4. what a wonderfully touching post. thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Doesn't she just melt your heart?

    ReplyDelete
  6. They somehow just know when you need it, don't they :) So sweet!

    ReplyDelete