Tuesday, September 16, 2008

a day in the life

I could bore you with this morning's uneventful trip to the playground or whine about my suddenly uncomfortable jeans, but instead I will steal this meme from Candy over at Everyone has a Story to Tell. This is Ours.

The rules: Post one of your favorite pictures of you & your children, and answer the questions below.

Okay, here we are:




I actually could not find a single picture of the three of us together, so I had my mother take this one.


1. How many kids do you have? Two

2. What are their ages? 2 and 4

3. What time do you usually start your day? Around 7:30

4. What do they eat for breakfast? Cheerios and fruit during the week; Daddy's pancakes on Saturday mornings.

5. Do they get to watch T.V.? YES. Sponge Bob, Super Why and Dora are current favorites.

6. What's their favorite activity? Destroying the house together as part of some elaborate game only they understand. Dressing up the cat. Dressing up each other. Playing with their Polly Pocket Princesses. Crafts involving glue.

7. Do you get a break during the day for some "you" time? Yes. My two year old takes a nap after lunch and my four year old watches a movie in our bedroom. Sometimes she sleeps, sometimes she does not, but either way we both get a break.

8. Your bedtime routine? Bath (by Daddy if he is home), books in Mommy and Daddy's bed, then I rock Claire to sleep and Daddy cuddles with Abby.

9. How do you end your day? On my laptop writing, reading blogs and editing pictures. Soon I will have to balance this with Grey's Anatomy, Heroes and all of the other TV shows I am sure to get sucked into.

10. What's your best parenting advice or tip? Try to relax and live in the moment. It all goes so fast. I am working on this one myself.

13 comments:

  1. OH! I forgot about the return of the seasons! Heroes! Hooray. As if I have time in my life for prime time. There goes extra sleep and recreational reading.

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is a fun meme and a great pic! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hijacked the meme from ya. Hope it's ok!! I agree, great pic.
    : )

    ReplyDelete
  4. love. love. love this picture.

    it belongs on the fireplace mantle :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Heroes starts Monday - there is a 2 hour season premiere :-) I have to balance that on Mondays with Prison Break - my current favourite.

    Claire still naps???? I'm beyond envious, David gave up his naps at 18 months, and he turns three next month.

    That picture is beautiful, you are truly three gorgeous ladies. You have the nicest eyebrows - they are stunning!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Look at you three girls - you're so beautiful!

    What a fun meme... may have to "steal" it sometime myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's some good advice!

    "Super why" for some reason hubby and I can't stand that show! We like Mama Mirabelle at our house (Saturdays and Sundays).

    ReplyDelete
  8. This picture is great! I know it's hard for us moms to get in front of the camera instead of behind it (especially because you're an awesome photographer!) but you should have pictures taken of just you and the girls and give it to daddy for a gift!!
    I've also been enjoying your cooking blog!
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great advice, and great photo of you and your princesses.

    Have I told you that #3 was born in MA? We lived there for almost 3 years.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I LOVE this photo. So precious!

    Our lives sound so much alike...well, minus 1 kid on my end :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. This was such a nice post! And love the picture of you girls!

    ReplyDelete
  12. That's awesome! Sounds earily similar to our house! And you gotta love a pic with just mommy and kids...I think I have one, maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  13. What a beautiful photo! I agree whole-heartedly with your advice! If only we could freeze time for a bit.

    ReplyDelete