Wednesday, May 13, 2009

spring is...

dandelions and dirt...


spring is dandelions and dirt




...and a warm breeze in your face...


spring breezes

******

For those of you who were wondering what was inside the little blue box, it was a beautiful pair of earrings selected by my even more beautiful girls with a little coaching from dad.

Mother's day was a wonderful and relaxing day from start to finish. Daddy let me sleep in and then handled all the cooking, cleaning and entertaining, allowing me to sit in the sun and enjoy the day with my girls and my in laws.

But as always, I think the best part of the day was the break from the ever present feeling that I should be doing more with the kids, more for my husband, more around the house, etc, etc. A day when all you are supposed to do is relax truly is a treat.

This week the party preparations are in full swing for Claire's third birthday, which will feature cat decorations and a homemade orange cat cake (or possibly a store bought cake frantically purchased on Sunday morning).

My husband is also bringing home a new toy for me to test out for the next two weeks. A Nikon 24-70mm 2.8 toy to be specific, for those of you that that means anything to. So look for lots of beautiful birthday pictures and excuse me if I am not around much for the next two weeks as I spend every waking minute with my new love.

10 comments:

  1. oh those pictures are just precious--Here’s my WW hope you can stop by!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love pictures of carefree children running outside. We have lots of dirty and flowers they like to get into! Happy WW!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi
    I just found your blog, not sure how but I have to say I really enjoy reading it. I have many of your same concerns about motherhood. Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like a fancy camera, have fun with it. Can't wait to see some of the pics.

    Happy Birthday to your sweet girl! : )

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the breeze picture. And I'm totally jealous of your new best friend... :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Gorgeous photos!!! Kids gravitate to dandelions, don't they? I have some in a glass my kids picked for me. I can't believe she is turning three, I think I started reading your blog around her second birthday . . . and that just seems like yesterday.

    Your earrings must be wonderful and I bet the lens is too. Can't wait to see the photos you take with it - as if yours could get any better :)!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Earrings from Tiffany AND a new, amazing camera? Sounds like you won the lottery! Also sounds like you had a great Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  8. sounds like a wonderful day friend!

    can't wait to see the magic you and your new "baby" make in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What gorgeous pictures!! I love that spring is in the air. And sounds like some fabulous earrings... perfect!! And I can't wait to see what you do with your new lens!!

    :)
    ~Tabitha~

    freshmommyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sounds like your hubby totally knew what to do for Mother's Day.

    Can't wait to see what you captured.

    ReplyDelete