Sunday, May 17, 2009

to claire on your third birthday

To my dear second child,

You could open a charm school for toddlers. You are so charming, so cute, so tiny, that you get away with things your sister never did. You laugh. You flirt. You are generally not whiny or demanding, but you definitely know what you want and how to get it. You know how to work people. In short you are a woman in the body of an adorably delicious toddler.


flower girl


You are shy, independent and very, very smart. When you turn on the charm your smiles and giggles light up the room.

You are big into cats right now. Your crib is filled with your growing collection of random stuffed cats, some found around the house, some gifts, some borrowed. In the morning you meow for me to get you out of your crib.


love


We do have a big girl bed in the works for you, but to be honest you are still quite happy in your crib. Potty training has also been a bit of a challenge because you flat out refuse to do it. I keep telling you that some day you will just decide you don't want to wear diapers any more and that will be that. I desperately hope this is true, especially since you need to be potty trained to go to preschool in September.


picking flowers


You love being outside. Hot, cold, raining, it does not matter to you. You happily putter around outside for hours picking flowers, arranging sticks and searching for puddles.


just another morning

Your desires are so refreshingly simple- play play doh, read a book, go outside. You don't ask for much and you are a joy to spend time with.

Each day you remind me what is important. Each day you tell me you love me in the sweetest little voice and I kiss you all over and listen to you squeal with laughter. Each day I am thankful that you came into our lives.

Happy 3rd birthday, my sweetest girl.

With all my love,
Mama

7 comments:

  1. What a beautiful post.. and great pictures of your little girl.. Happy Birthday to her..

    ReplyDelete
  2. happy, happy birthday sweet girl!

    and to you too mama - enjoy your special day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy birthday, Claire! What a very nice post about your sweet girl. Enjoy your day!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such precious pictures and a beautiful letter.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous photos, Beth! Happy Birthday to your sweet little one, she is a ray of sunshine, that's for sure. Sounds like a little girl I might want to kidnap one day and borrow for a weekend (but you'd have to take my three year old in return, and he is MALE!!).

    I bet she'll potty train no problem this summer - we did a lot of running around naked and that helped. When he felt he needed to go, my little guy just sat on the potty (when we left it outside in the backyard).

    And I've said it before, but I LOVE HER HAIR!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. aww, happy birthday to Claire! Such a beautiful girl - I hope she had a wonderful birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This post made me smile so much. Your little honey reminds me so very much of Sugar. the personality....the crib....the potty training. sigh....good stuff. we are lucky ladies.
    happy late birthday to your little claire.

    ReplyDelete