Thursday, May 28, 2009

thursday's weekend recap

Yes, it is Thursday.

Yes, this is another post containing mostly pictures and little substance.

My excuses are as follows:

1) Claire no longer takes an afternoon nap.

2) I have become completely addicted to photoshop, which means the simple task of uploading pictures takes way longer than it should. Especially on days when I take 200 pictures.

3) Claire no longer naps.

4) I have randomly stumbled on many cool photography related sites like the maternal lens that just demand reading time, not to mention hours spent reading through her archives just wishing I could be her.

5) Claire no longer naps.

Okay, enough with the excuses. On to the weekend.

We took our first trip of the season to the beach. It was surprisingly warm and the girls had a blast running, splashing and exploring.


two girls exploring



Daddy got a heaping plate of fried seafood. Mommy got some yummy rum punch and got to take a hundred or so pictures of the girls splashing in the water. A good time was had by all.






On memorial day we enjoyed a parade and a family cookout. The girls got a ton of candy at the parade and got to run around outside like nuts with grandparents, uncles and cousins.



memorial day parade


Mommy enjoyed more yummy punch and got to take a hundred or so pictures of Claire in the garden. A good time was had by all. Even if I did not quite get the perfect girl with flower picture that I was trying for.


claire and the orange flower



And because no weekend is complete without it, ice cream.


ice cream with licorice


And yes, I realize that this is yet another post that contains mostly pictures of Claire. I have not forgotten my first born. An all Abby post is coming!

8 comments:

  1. Ooh that is one big ice cream! Yummy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am loving that last pic with the ginormous ice cream, little sweet girl and the cute kittie. What a great moment in time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm jealous that you live so close to the ocean, oh and that you take such wonderful photographs! ; ) I love the one of Claire and the flower, so sweet! And that's one BIG ice cream cone!

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh man...I totally need ice cream now......and Claire no longer naps.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mmmmm did you say rum punch? and ice cream? and the beach?

    as usual i am beyond jealous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. oh man, no naps - Pooky is almost to that point - and it makes me sad. But if he does nap, he doesnt seem to sleep well at night, which is even more frustrating...

    mmmmm, ice cream... :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yeah, losing the naps is the WORST! And then you just get used to it.

    I love your beach pictures...and am so jealous! I need some yummy punch BAD!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, ice cream and beaches...wonderful.

    And, losing a nap? Horrible.

    ReplyDelete