
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
Claire has always been a book lover. Even at a few months old, she loved being read to from the same little picture books that her sister used to chew on. Since she learned to walk, she has been happily dragging books over to anyone willing to read to her. Realizing that her seven year old friend could read to her was one of the most exciting discoveries of her life.
So it is really no surprise that often the seven or so books I read to her at bedtime are just not enough. On these occasions, she requests a book or two to read in her crib as she drifts off to sleep.
I can't help but wonder if years from now she will still be someone that reads in bed every night?



She is too cute! My boys cherish books too, and I hope that it stays that way!
ReplyDeleteThat second shot is adorable.
ReplyDeleteIt's never too early to encourage the love of books.
My five year old sleeps with a library too.
Books are the only thing I allow my kids to have in their beds (besides stuffed animals that is). We read before bed and then they take those books to bed with them and I often hear my daughter "reading" them "word for word" long after I'm gone. It's a wonderful start to growing kids who love to read!
ReplyDeleteGreat shots!
Do your girls EVER take a bad picture...both those shots of Claire is just beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteMy kids have all slept with books...it makes me smile everytime I see it!
Awww, this is adorable!
ReplyDeleteWhat great pictures!
TOO cute - I love the look on her face :-) She will probably love books for always - if you foster it when they're younger it usually sticks with them! Love her polka dot pjs too :-)
ReplyDeleteSo cute! I have a 4 year old that still reads a book in bed every night after we read a story together.
ReplyDeleteAwww that is so adorable :) My daughter used to love books now she hates them. I mean literally! Books should be far from her or they suffer damage! Yuck not good I dunno where she got it but ugh! She ruined couple of good books that used to be her favorite. But oh well she is different but ah... sigh.
ReplyDeleteEarth
I think that's awesome! I was a big reader as a kid too and I definitely think it helped me in so many ways!!
ReplyDeleteAdorable shots!!!
ReplyDeleteI love that mine love to read books too. So so so good for them.
Great pics, and perfect PSF!
My kiddos are exactly the same way. I think it is a wonderful habit and definitely is an indication they are on their way to lifetime love of reading.
ReplyDeleteMy 16 month old is the same way! The day she started walking, she was bringing books to us to read to her. She hasn't started bringing them to bed with her yet, but now I know what to look forward to.
ReplyDeleteVery sweet pictures. My daughter is the same way. There are always at least 3 books in her bed for after story time and "lights out".
ReplyDeleteSo cute! And it's a great time to get into that habit. Eventually i will just be 2nd nature :)
ReplyDeleteawwwwwwwww.
ReplyDeletemy el is the same way!!
I think she definitely WILL!
ReplyDeleteOh, I hope so. There is nothing as wonderful as curling up in bed with a good book. What a wonderful thing to wish for your daughter. (That and a husband who doesn't mind sleeping with the light on.)
ReplyDeleteTHAT is super sweet !!
ReplyDeletePrecious! My daughter still loves story time, but my former book-loving son would rather play before bedtime. It breaks my heart!
ReplyDeleteSuch a sweet little bookworm. :)
ReplyDeletelove how cozy she looks honey!
ReplyDeletei bet you wish you could just snuggle right in there with her :)
What great shots!
ReplyDelete6 or 7 books? You are a better woman than me! My daughter gets one...but I don't feel too bad because I usually read a lot to her during the day.
How tender! I love that, nothing is better than curling up with a good book! What a sweetie!
ReplyDeleteBeth~ To answer my post, red and blue are just two rival colleges here. Most people say you CANNOT like both teams. Oops, we do! we're a little psycho around here!
ReplyDeletethanks for stopping by!
How adorable!! My little Baby Blue is the same way, loves to read, and I often leave her with one at naptime to drift off to sleep with :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a little sweetie! Izzy loves her books, too, and always asks for more! We have to cut her off!
ReplyDelete