Monday, November 24, 2008

this mommy's favorite things

With the holiday season approaching, there has been some demand for me to share my holiday wish list (okay, really it is only my mother demanding). Of course, the health and happiness of my family is always at the very top of this list, but since that can't be bought and wrapped, I have managed to come up with a few additional items.

I love my Nikon D70 and as my passion for photography grows, so does my lust for new lenses. The Nikon 50mm f/1.8 lens and Nikon 18-200mm are at the top of my wish list due to their versatility and all around wonderful reviews.



I know, UGGs are ugly, but I love my boots anyway. Maybe it is the ridiculously cold weather here, but I would love to be wearing a pair of these right now. Yes, they are slippers. And yes, I would wear them for school runs and errands anyway.


And while we are on the topic of the cold, I could also use some new gloves.



Bath & Body Works. Lotion, body wash, bubble bath. I love it all.



Frederic Fekkai. Simply the best hair products, especially the hair mask and deep conditioning treatments.




And on a related note, Sephora. Anything Sephora.


Rosemont Estate Pinot Noir. Can't drink enough of it. Kidding. Sort of.




Ina Garten's new cookbook, back to basics. I have each and every one of Ina's previous cookbooks and I have never been disappointed with one of her recipes.






An iPod speaker system, so we can all share the iPod love.


Calphalon One. I am one 12 inch fry pan and one stock pot away from a full set of these fabulous pans. Love them.




And finally, for my health and all, no fancy cream truffles, just dark, dark chocolate please.

10 comments:

  1. Wow-nice list there!!
    My is a little over the top, but I might do one for giggles as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. those UGG slippers are for every day! people wear them here with jeans and they look really cute! i want some as well. i have dark brown ugg boots and i LOVE Them, i don't care how ugly they are!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE slippers. I just bought a new pair and I'm so excited about them.
    Great list!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fun idea! I may have to steal it later on....

    Love the UGG slippers. I could use a pair as I sit here watching the snow pour down!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice list! My family always gets mad at me because I can never come up with anything!

    Maybe the hair stuff would be good because your hair looks fab!

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow what a great list!!

    if you get extras of anything, feel free to send them my way :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list of goodies! The wine, Sephora, Ina's cookbook and the chocolate could all certainly be on my list too!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I thought we had a lot in common and I was right :-)

    We're in the process of buying a D60 this week. I CANNOT wait, I've been planning/researching/begging/praying for almost two years for one of these suckers, and hubby is finally on my side.

    I adore the slippers, they are fantastic. It's so cold up here, I am all about function over style in the winter.

    I like Ina Garten too, although I asked for the new Martha Stewart Cooking School book for Christmas - seems like a good starter book for all the basics that I'm learning.

    LOVE Sephora too, we just got one here in Ottawa and I'm thrilled. No more shipping costs across the border for me!!

    I've not heard of the hair products, but your hair looks pretty good in all your photos, so I'm guessing it works pretty well!

    The pans look fantastic - I am in need of some new ones as I only have a few very basics. Our large frying pan has seen better days so I'm on the look out for a new one.

    The chocolate, of course, is perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm wanting a 50mm lens too, but the Canon version.

    I found you through the New England mommy blogger group and I'm loving your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Sorry this is so late in coming!!! But I love your list. In regards to lenses - definitely get the 50! This is the lens I NEVER take off my camera. And it is really CHEAP!

    And I LOVE LOVE LOVE Barefoot Contessa. Sadly, we got rid of our cable (yes we only have network tv now), so I can't watch her. But I love her recipes, I adore her home, and I love how she entertains. Being a guest for dinner would be a serious dream come true!

    ReplyDelete