Lately, I find myself without much to say or even many pictures to share.
It has been rainy. It starts getting dark at 4:00. My kids have had colds. We have been inside a lot. We did make some bread, which was pretty cool because it actually worked, but somehow I just could not turn it into an interesting post. Shocking, I know, since bread rising would seem to equal excitement. It was a fun enough way to trash my kitchen and pass a few hours though.
Next, I thought maybe I could write about how I am the least crafty mom going. How I am no good at finding creative things to do with kids while stuck in the house. How as much as I wish I could enjoy the simplicity of a quiet day at home, I am much better at the going and doing. The activities and the parties. How I would love to be planning vacations to break up the cold dark winter ahead, except it seems prudent to wait and see if my husband still has a job come the new year first.
Whine, whine, whine.
Poor me.
Enough of that, already.
And all this rain and darkness? It also means no good light for pictures. It means pictures like this:
Which by the way Grandma and Grandpa, was meant to say that the girls love their new Christmas dresses. Thank you!
Hopefully, more sunshine and cheer ahead.
Saturday, November 15, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



Yes.. the early onset of night is depressing here too. its been rainy and gross. and today the temp dropped like 20 degrees in less than an hour... it was crazy. now we are wearing hats, gloves, scarves, coats and furry boots. sigh. i miss summer.
ReplyDeletei am pretty sure your sunshine is right there in those two pics!! seriously honey they are sooo adorable. and they always look soo happy!!
ReplyDeletealthough i get it. i do. the dreary, rainy, dark at like noon days, make for very. very long mommy days.
i never knew i, the girl who loves winter, could miss summer :)
Well, those dresses are adorable!! Love them - and how sad that your bad light photo is better than all of my best light photos put together :-)
ReplyDeleteI hear you, we are inside more too, its getting so dark so early. I want spring and it's not even really winter yet. I miss the getting out too - I've nearly given up on that now with baby number three around. Too hard to coordinate naps and life in general so I end up staying home.
I have definitely been in a funk myself. I hate leaving work and coming home in the dark now. It is so depressing.
ReplyDeleteI LOVE that shot! I think it's perfect for a Christmas card :)
ReplyDeleteI hear you on the dreary weather. What is up with the darkness at 4pm and 40 degree temps?!?! It's a bit depressing.
Hope your sweet girls feel better soon.
Seriously with faces like that there can be no bad pics. So cute!!! And how cool to make bread with the kids. Jealous. So jealous.
ReplyDeleteadorable RED photo!!!!!
ReplyDeleteYes, the cold and darkness are sometimes not easy to deal with. Sigh. But oh, that photo is gorgeous of your girls!!!! Regardless of the lighting, it's beautiful!!
ReplyDeleteYES...I so agree with you!
ReplyDeleteI cant stand that by 5 it feels like 9!! We are stuck inside here too cause its either been raining or way too windy out. So my Lil Princess has me watchign Dennis the Menace 500 times...ahhh!!
I am feeling it too. ugh.....I have zipola stuff to blog about. sigh...
ReplyDeleteI do that that photo, even if you had to use the flash. Now why couldn't they have posed that nice outside last summer. ugh.
Those are great pictures!
ReplyDeleteAnd, it seems like the bread was a hit! And, now you have some bread!
I miss the sunshine too...and the warm temperatures...it has been bitter cold here the past few days!
ReplyDeleteCute pic of the girls. Love those rosy cheeks!
I'll keep my fingers crossed for you guys @ the job. My husband is on the job hunt too....ugh.
oh my goodness!!!!!
ReplyDeleteLOOK AT THOSE SUNSHINE ANGELS!!!
Ugh, I hear ya! I was just saying all of this to my husband last night. I'm glad I'm not the only one.
ReplyDeleteThis is our first clear night, so I might brave the cold to take a few photos of the moon. At least that's something, right?
Hope everything perks up for ya soon =)