Wednesday, November 26, 2008

thankful

Since I have been feeling more unappreciated and exhausted than thankful lately, today I was going to post a list of things the girls are thankful for and maybe throw in a cute picture of them with our lovely bobble head turkey (you know the kind of decoration you swear you will never have in your house, then you have kids, then you do?).

But when I woke up this morning, I was sick. Really sick. Too sick to do much more than lay on the couch. Being a stay at home mom with no nanny, day care or even a regular babysitter, I did the only thing I could do. I parked the girls in front of Dora and then I called my mom to come take care of us.

After a nice four hour nap I am feeling much better. And also thankful. Thankful that at 33 years old I still have a mother who is at my house within an hour to take care of me when I am sick.

And the girls? They are thankful for our family, the cat, Christmas and Easter.

I am guessing they are also thankful for days when mommy is sick and they get a special visit from Grandma, lollipops and extra TV.


7 comments:

  1. Oh, feel better soon! My mom is a half hour away, thank goodness - I don't have a nanny, day care or any sort of a babysitter either, so I dread the day I am too sick to function. Despite the flu shot, I know it's inevitable. Happy thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope you feel better soon! I too, have a mom close by (right next door as a matter of fact!) and she is one of the things I am most thankful for this Thanksgiving.

    I hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving even though you aren't feeling to good!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Scooby Dooby Doo!!!
    Very cute...glad your feeling better.
    I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  4. NICE TV-watching set up, I love it. I hope you're feeling better today. It really does suck to be really sick when you have kids - I'm so glad your mom is so close and so helpful. And hopefully this is it for the season and you won't be sick again!

    Happy Thanksgiving to you and your family!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm loving her makeshift Craft-O-Matic bed set up there! HA HA HA!

    Hope you're feeling better and had a great Thanksgiving!

    ReplyDelete
  6. You are very lucky to have your mom so close by!

    Glad you are feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Loving the couch set up! That is something my kids would do for sure :)

    ReplyDelete