Since she is my big girl, I often lose sight of the fact that Abby is still growing and changing. With babies the changes are dramatic and the milestones are big. The changes in Abby over the last nine months have not been as specific or easy to record in a baby book, but looking back I can see how much she has grown.
Here is three year old Abby on her first day of school. I remember how anxious we both were. How we fought over this outfit. How that fight involved yelling and tears. How she enjoyed her first day, only to scream "Don't leave me, Mommy" and hold on to me for dear life on the second day. I remember how I left the school only to call from my cell phone in the car. How I was nervous the entire time she was gone.
Here is four year old Abby receiving her certificate on celebration day. We also fought over this outfit, but as you can see by the striped dress, plaid headband and polka dot flip flops, I have loosened up quite a bit. This Abby runs out of school with a huge smile and non stop chatter about all the fun she has had. This Abby is comfortable and confident with her friends. This Abby is sad that she will not get to see her teachers for the whole summer.
Looking back, we have both come a long way this year.
I am very proud of my big girl.

That's awesome! It sounds like you guys have really done great! Next year the drop off thing will be old hat :)
ReplyDeleteI was the one crying "Don't leave me!" and holding on to her leg when I dropped Eve off at preschool... Just kidding!
ell, kind of.
As you know, I have the same issues with letting my little girl figure out who she is.
ReplyDeleteLooks like we are both growing up with our little girls!
Ohhhhhh!!! Cheers for Abby!
ReplyDeleteMatty started camp at his future preschool this week. I just read your post in tears! Because the second day they had to unwrap him from my legs as he was screaming "Don't leave me Mommy!"
And I felt so incredibly guilty leaving him.
But today...the 5th day...he went with NO TEARS!
So I love your post...for reminding me once again that I'm not alone!!
She's an adorable "big girl" and that is the cutest little red an white dress.
ReplyDeleteI'm Kellan - nice to meet you. SEe you soon.
What a great accomplishment! Congrats to little Abby!
ReplyDeleteAwww, congratulations Abby!
ReplyDeleteI just signed my little one up for 2 class/week preschool yesterday *sniff*. Why must they grow up so quickly???
Yay Abby!! What a difference a few months makes, huh? Love her fashion sense! ; )
ReplyDeletehow sweet.My four-year-old Allison just finished preschool, but they didn't have a ceremony. That would have been nice. We have clothing issues often too!
ReplyDeleteand can i just say i am proud of her mama...
ReplyDeletesuch a big moment friend.
hugs :)
Hey Beth - thanks for coming by tonight - have a great weekend. See you soon - Kellan
ReplyDeleteYeah, Abby!
ReplyDeletecongrats! have a good weekend!
ReplyDeleteShe looked adorable in her outfit! My daughter insists on dressing herself, and her creations aren't fit to leave the house in.
ReplyDeleteI am so glad to know that I will have another bloggy friend to cry with come August when kindergarten comes.
ReplyDeleteWaaaa!!!!!!
Congratulations Abby! It made me feel so good to read your post, as my little girl will be starting preschool this fall, just 2 half days a week, but I know I'm going to be a wreck. She is so loving and caring about everyone around her, and so outgoing and friendly, I worry her heart is going to get broken one day by the kid who doesn't want to play with her. And all that aside, we battle daily about her outfits! All of a sudden she is willingly dressing herself, but I'm not the biggest fan of her creations. I'm trying to let go some and loosen up, but most of me wants her to be my little girl, perfectly dressed in all the fab outfits I've bought her, perfect hair . . . it was nice to see your first and last day pictures along with your memories from each!
ReplyDelete