Thursday, June 19, 2008

photostory friday


Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek


This is my favorite baby picture of Claire. It was taken as I was getting her ready to go home from the hospital. My husband was coming to pick us up and my parents were bringing Abby, but that morning it was just the two of us. I showered and sat by the window with Claire sleeping beside me in her little plastic bucket.

As I watched the beautiful spring day begin outside, I was filled with happiness and hope. This was the start of a new phase in my life. I had given my notice and would not be going back to my corporate job. My foreseeable future would be spent with two little girls by my side.

I had worried that I would not be able to love an new baby as much as I loved Abby, but instead my heart swelled with complete and utter love for both of them.

As I sat there, I had visions of Abby and Claire growing up together, looking very much alike as they played and laughed together.

My family was complete. Claire's arrival completed us.


19 comments:

  1. She is absolutely beautiful.

    "my heart swelled with complete and utter love for both of them." How wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, gorgeous! She's like a little rosebud.

    ReplyDelete
  3. What an absolutely gorgeous photo! And a gorgeous story too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post for the PSF! :) It is a darling photo. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wonderfully evocative post and a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a little sweetie! And a great memory to go along with it. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh I love this picture too! Although seeing sweet newborn pics just start giving me the itch for another. I love those tiny little angels!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Awww, what a beautiful story and little girlie.

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's a wonderful picture of another wonderful time in your life. I hope they both bring you a lot of joy.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful thoughts to go with a beautiful picture.

    ReplyDelete
  11. What a beautiful picture! Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  12. {I hate it when someone else steals my words!} :) My first thought were: Beautiful story... precious baby.

    ReplyDelete
  13. How peaceful does she look? SO SWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful, I love when they are all swaddled up. sigh, i miss it so.

    ReplyDelete
  15. How sweet is that?! I love that age, sososo tiny.

    ReplyDelete
  16. That photo is divine.

    You are like me. I also quit working after the second baby. It's a pretty good gig, I have to say. ; )

    ReplyDelete