This is the dress. The dress Claire would not let me leave the store without buying for her. We were shopping for her big sister when she spotted it. She frantically repeated "I want that orange dress" over and over again until it was in her hands.
I thought it looked strange on the hanger, but she was not letting it go without lots of tears and I gave in. Happily, it actually looks really cute on her.
This afternoon, I had a brilliant idea. I would get a nice portrait of her in the dress. Her special dress. I asked her if Mommy could take her picture outside. She said "Okay! Can I bring my pop?". Thrilled that she is being so agreeable, I said sure.
Like somehow I thought it wouldn't end up all over the dress??
Yet another great portrait that never was.

Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek

Popsicle stains are so in nowadays, or so I hear. She certainly does have good taste (literally). :)
ReplyDeleteShe, and the dress, are so stinking cute.
I'm thrilled your playing along with PSF!
Awww I hope my daughter is half as cute as yours when I grow up.
ReplyDeleteWell feel free to read/comment my blog.
I'd greatly appreciate it.
:]
I disagree!!! Its the PERFECT picture! Truly. In fact, I think its completely and totally frame worthy.
ReplyDeleteIts adorable AND it made me laugh. And since this is a first time here for me, I'm only guessing, but I bet it fits her. I LOVE IT!
Thanks for playing PSF with us!!
That is a beautiful picture and an adorable story!
ReplyDeleteI love pictures of kids being kids. My favorite touch here is the flower in her hand. I can just hear it: "Sure I'll hold the pretty flower mom, but if you think I'm putting this popsicle down..." These are the pictures we frame at our house -- the moments. Nice Job!
ReplyDeleteaccording to what you just told us...and the fact that she is obsessed with flowers these days....it truly is a perfect portrait of who she is right now. :) well done.
ReplyDeletehappy PSF!
I think this pic is absolutely beautiful! The flower, the dress, the popscile, her pretty smile!
ReplyDeleteI think it looks great! And I think Sarah has that exact same dress - popsicle drips and all!
ReplyDeleteHa, that's funny! Sounds exactly like my daughter, she would so insist on a dress and then mess it up seconds later.
ReplyDeleteBut sometimes even the best portraits don't look half as good as this picture here. Great shot!
ReplyDeleteShe's a very beautiful girl! The dress looks adorable on her. That picture is most definitely framable.
ReplyDeleteStill a great shot.... and a great dress!
ReplyDeleteIsn't that just the way it goes. I have two little princesses myself. I am imagining the day that they decided that they "need" to have things. Not long now, I am sure!
ReplyDeleteWell, that little girly does have great taste! It is adorable on her. The action shot is probably a better representation of her personality than a perfectly posed portrait would have been anyway :)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great little dress! And the picture is great, popsicle stains and all!
ReplyDeleteI love the action in your picture. The flower in one hand, the Popsicle in the other, walking along in her cute dress. It's great!
ReplyDeleteI think it's perfect... when you figure in the story behind the photo, you have the right shot!
ReplyDeleteIsn't it funny how kids hook on to one particular item (like the dress) and insist on having it?? With my daughter today it was a box of Dora bandaids from Walmart - she HAD to have them. I don't get it. :)
ReplyDeleteShe is sweet. :)
Great dress, she obviously knew what she wanted. The popsicle stains add character.
ReplyDeleteWhat are you talking about? That's a great picture!
ReplyDeleteThanks for stopping by our blog and saying hello.
ReplyDeleteI agree with Chris...great picture with lots of personality! Sounds like she is a girl who know JUST what she wants:)
I think the picture is perfect! The epitome of summer and girlyness.
ReplyDelete