Sunday, June 8, 2008

this weekend in our yard

In typical New England fashion, the weather here has gone from cool and damp to hot, hot, hot. It appears that tomorrow we may even have record breaking 100 degree heat.

The girls embraced this sudden start to summer, spending the weekend exploring the yard, eating popsicles and running through the sprinkler. Good, simple fun.







And our baby birds? In a week they went from this:



Too this:



Since I am in no way a bird expert I was amazed to watch them grow literally over night. Wings and feathers just sprouted out of nowhere. In one week. One left the nest today and I am sure the other three will not be far behind.

Two weeks of sitting on eggs, a week or so of worm feeding and mama bird is done. Not a bad deal.

4 comments:

  1. I can't believe those birds got so big so fast!

    And your little girls look like they are having lots of fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love sprinkler weather!

    Those bird's mouths look way too big for their little heads! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. seriously? those are the same birds?!! wow!

    And I swear you have the cutest little girls in the world! I love the first pic, with them eating their popsicles! That pic just screams summer. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The popsicle picture just screams summer and sisters! Love it!

    ReplyDelete