Monday, March 3, 2008

miracle monday

The fabulous Beth over at A Mom's Life was called upon while shaving her legs to begin Miracle Monday. Who am I to question this type of calling? My standing in the religious world is somewhat questionable but none the less God has showered me with a number of miracles in recent years. So here is my first contribution.

Abby was the kind of adventure seeking baby who fell a lot, despite my best efforts to protect her. She fell off the bed, the changing pad and all sorts of furniture. When she was about a year old she fell down the entire flight of stairs. A full flight of hardwood stairs with a hard wood landing. I was steps behind her but not fast enough to catch her as she tumbled down step after step in horrifying slow motion. In that terrifying moment a thousand things flashed through my mind- head injury, spine injury, broken bones, death. I knew I had failed in my job of caring for this baby that I loved more than life itself. I knew she would never be the same.

And yet when the screaming (mostly mine) subsided Abby had nothing more than a small bump on the head. Nothing more than a small bump on the head from a fall down a full flight of stairs. She was completely fine. In fact, she was so fine that as I called the pediatrician she attempted to climb the stairs. It was truly a miracle to me. When I failed to protect my daughter, the Lord protected her. It is never far from my mind that accidents can happen in the blink of an eye and that my girls' good health is a daily blessing.

More Miracle Monday

7 comments:

  1. I was horrified picturing Abby tumbling down all those stairs with you on her heels trying to catch up with her. The fact that she only ended up with a small bump truly is a miracle! The Lord was certainly protecting her.

    And never question your standing, God loves you always! :)

    Thank you for sharing your miracle!

    ReplyDelete
  2. OH that is a miracle! Praise God she is safe. I have so many stories like that feeling like I was a bad parent but God the ultimate parent does watch out for our little ones despite of us. He is so good.
    Blessings,
    Angela

    ReplyDelete
  3. what a sweet miracle...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for watching over our little ones!!
    She's adorable...as if you didn't know. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Praise God for keeping her safe.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a hopeless feeling when we try so hard to keep our children away from harm, but God carefully buffered her fall. Amazing to think what he has planned for this little girl.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That must of been one heck of a scare. I guess you better get used to it, she seems like a little dare devil. Thank God and his angels.

    ReplyDelete