Wednesday, March 5, 2008

project 365- one photo per day for a year

I recently stumbled upon the idea of Project 365 at Photojojo and I have decided to give it a try. The idea is to take and post a picture every single day for a year. All 365 days. An entire year, day in and day out, documented in pictures. The big stuff and the everyday stuff.

I began this blog to better record, remember and celebrate this time in my life and the lives of my children. Recently, I was tossing around the idea of doing a series of photos documenting our everyday life and our home. I will use this project to expand on that idea.

I have plenty of pictures of holidays and birthdays, but so many other days go by and are all but forgotten. My goal will be to post a photo that captures something of our life each day. Some will be beautiful, some will be boring and I am sure some will feature what we eat, since I also write a food blog.

I also hope that taking a photo a day will make me a better photographer (as Photojojo assures me it will). My interest in photography goes back years, but since having my first baby I have photographed little else. Not even a single picture from a three day trip I took to London. Pathetic. So I hope this project will motivate me to occasionally take photos of something other than the girls. Eventually.

So without further ado, Project 365/1:

Little Princess Claire

I actually really love this picture. It is one of over 100 that I took today (how did I ever live without a digital camera?). I am experimenting with the shutter speed settings on my camera and the kids are great subjects because they are always moving.

3 comments:

  1. This is a great idea! I've seen it on other blogs but I just don't think I've got what it takes to do it though.

    This is a great picture and I'm looking forward to seeing more.

    ReplyDelete
  2. great start! claire dancing around in a princess crown & dress isn't bad subject matter. :) i've been trying to do this myself, actually, but didn't know about photojojo. will check it out!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Have fun with it. I always say..."the more photos you take, the better you get" practice does wonders. I have personally improved TONS in the last 3 years.

    ReplyDelete