
I spent the better part of the last 5 years pregnant or nursing. With my baby weaned, finally, it was time for some pretty new bras. I set out on my afternoon of kid free shopping with high hopes. Then I remembered that shopping for a bra is no fun. Trying on dozens of different sizes and shapes of bras to find one that fits and is reasonably cute and comfortable. Seeing all your frumpy bits in that terrible lighting. Discovering that Victoria's Secret is no longer interested in the business of non super model types. I was honestly about to give up on the whole thing when I discovered a category of bras called minimizers.
Before kids I was about a C cup and wore pretty lacy things. After pregnancy and nursing I ended up about the same size but somehow less full than I started out. The pushup type bras created too much cleavage and jigglieness. Others did not provide enough support or looked plain terrible. Then I found this Bali Concealer bra. It pushes everything up and in rather than up and out. Basically, it provides the much needed lift and shaping without excess cleavage. It is even comfortable. My husband's analysis was that I looked "younger". God, I love him. And this bra.
More Works For Me Wednesday

Thanks for the tip! I desperately need new bras. I've been shopping for several hours with no luck. These look perfect!
ReplyDeleteGreat tip! Thanks for sharing!
ReplyDeleteAfter breastfeeding 6 kids (the last weaned in January) my "jugs" are somewhat empty now. I am blessed they are not at my belly button but most bras just do not fit. Before kids I was a 34D and the bras I find just push them up and then they come out of the top. Aarrgghh! I am heading out this weekend to find a Bali!!
ReplyDeleteI love the bras at Cacique . They are like the plus sized company of Victoria's Secret.
ReplyDeleteHoly cow, I was just thinking about this as I'm not too far from weaning. Amazing how different my chest looks, I guarantee I've lost a cup size. Sigh.
ReplyDeleteI soooo need help in this area and I've NEVER heard of this. I'm going to step out and try it, just like you and sweet tea :D
ReplyDelete