Tuesday, July 8, 2008

give a girl a water balloon

At the beginning of the summer, I stashed away a bag of summer treats. Fun and novel things I can break out as needed to add some excitement to a boring afternoon.

Today's treat? Water balloons.

Anticipating lots of wet water balloon fun, I put both girls in their bathing suits and got to work filling water balloons.

Then I got out my camera to capture all of the splashing, squealing fun.

Instead I got this:



Then this:


And this:


Clearly they were missing the point of water balloon fun, so I threw one at Abby. Surely once she saw saw the splat, once she saw the fun to be had, there would be some sort of water balloon fight?

No, there was just crying because I broke her balloon.

I am pretty sure this would have gone differently with boys.

9 comments:

  1. That last sentence is surely true! HA! Love that they lined them up. Too cute!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving all your photos from the week that I missed!! You take fabulous SOOC photos! Just like my face and make up my pics often need a photoshoppin' touch! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! The same EXACT thing happened over here :) I finally roped Dadisodes into a balloon fight, and soon she couldn't resist hucking one over at her 'ol man too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh man, little girls are hilarious! I love how them lined them up all up in a pretty row! LOL

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh honey that is sooo funny :)

    but how cool is that last picture?

    who knew such beautiful art could come from water balloons?

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOL, my daughter would have done the exact same thing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hilarious, that would so have gone differently with boys.

    My best friend has a daughter the same age as my older son and they adore each other but when they play it always ends in tears because she wants to be tidy and play nicely and he just wants to play properly.

    I need to go get water balloons they would have a blast, thanks for the inspiration.

    ReplyDelete
  8. My daughter does the same thing! She wants to line them up, pretend they are babies, carry them around in a mesh bag. It's hilarious.

    ReplyDelete
  9. First of all, GORGEOUS photos. The one of the balloons all lined up is just incredible. Such vibrant colors!

    Second - we were at a birthday party with water balloons a couple of months ago and MH FREAKED! She did NOT like the pop and splash of those bad boys. So much, in fact, that we had to find a safe haven in the bathroom and have a long talk about how they're just balloons, and it's just water, and she was so upset I had to ask her if she wanted to go home!

    Give them a few years - I bet they'll change their minds for sure and get YOU when you're not looking!

    ReplyDelete