
Hosted by Cecily and MamaGeek
I have been eagerly waiting for the day when I could teach Abby how to ride waves. As a kid, it was one of my favorite parts of the summer. I have vivid memories of the cold salty water, the thrill of catching a wave at the perfect time and the excitement of speeding towards the shore. Being a beach lover and a thrill seeker, I knew Abby would love it too.
However, Abby is not an easy child to teach. She likes to do things her own way. She likes to be the leader. She has little patience for failure or practice. On our last trip to the beach, she insisted on "surfing" against the waves rather than with the waves and then she had a meltdown because she was not the first one out of the ocean. Good times.
But today was the day. Today, she did it. Today she learned to ride the waves. And once she got it, there was no getting her out of the water. She literally spent hours splashing and riding. It was like I was watching myself as a kid.

The look on her face in that shot is pure joy. Don't love it when you can pass something along to your kids that you loved so much?
ReplyDeleteFAbulous PSF as always!
Absolutely brilliant picture! The look of joy on Abby's face is a treat!
ReplyDeleteWhat fun! I love the beach, and it looks like she does too!
ReplyDeleteThat is awesome! Wow!
ReplyDeleteThat looks like so much fun, great photo.
ReplyDeleteWhat a great photo and story! the look of accomplishment on her face is priceless!
ReplyDeleteYou captured just the right moment! How cute.
ReplyDeleteoh my goodness honey you totally captured the exact moment!!
ReplyDeletelove it :)
Awesome day! Her face tells it all. :)
ReplyDeleteThat is SOSOSOSO cute! What a shot!
ReplyDeleteYay for Abby! She looks so excited! She will have wonderful memories just like you.
ReplyDeletepure enjoyment! fun story.
ReplyDeletePlease please tell me you are framing that picture!!
ReplyDeleteSeriously THE COOLEST photo ever!
She looks like she's having a blast!
ReplyDeleteI've left a little present for you over at my blog.
Wow Abby that's awesome,I'm very impressed!!! I bet your Mum was pleased..Great pictures...
ReplyDeleteShe looks like she's having so much fun with it. I hope you two get to keep enjoying this type of moment.
ReplyDeleteDon't you love those moments, when you feel like you are a child again, living through your own.
ReplyDeleteSo awesome AND a great, well captured picture