Try having your little darling stand in a bucket of water:
It is fun. It is refreshing. It can be positioned in a spot in your yard with a nice background and good light (shade or muted sun on an overcast day). And the best part? Your subject can't run away.
Then, as your little darling happily jumps and splashes, take some nice close ups of her authentic (instead of forced) smiles:
Yes, I need to photoshop out that annoying piece of hair (grrr) but overall I really like these shots. And no yelling, frustration or bribery needed. Works for me!

That's pure genius. Seriously. I'm so stealing this idea. As soon as Bri can stand up, that is. I have visions of her standing in (warmed up) water modeling her Christmas dress.
ReplyDeleteGreat idea! My kids are older & it doesn't get any easier to get good shots. I feed them sticky ribs & then take their pics! :D
ReplyDeleteCome try my finger licking good, sticky, messy, but SUPER easy BBQ ribs: http://anapronaday.blogspot.com/2008/07/easy-bbq-ribs-recipe.html
Brilliant! Thank you so much for sharing!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! She is just so cute. =)
ReplyDeleteWhat a great idea! I am totally gonna use this! Thanks!
ReplyDeleteThat is a really terrific idea.
ReplyDeleteHow simple is that!!! Will it work for my teen?
ReplyDeleteAwesome shots! And the water balloon story - that was great! I'm sure it WOULD be different with boys.
ReplyDeleteGenius!! My 12 month old is still a little young for this tactic... I am sure she would sit down, or at least attempt to, in said bucket... but I cannot wait to try this trick soon.
ReplyDeleteAnother, very basic, suggestion: take about 100 pictures and you will surely end up with a couple of quality shots.
no way!! thanks for the idea!
ReplyDeletesimply brilliant friend!!
ReplyDeletegreat idea - thanks much!
ReplyDeleteWhat a brilliant idea!
ReplyDeleteOkay.
ReplyDeleteI have tried EVERYTHING but never this.
Brilliant!
What a great idea! And your daughter is adorable :)
ReplyDeleteGreat tip!!!! I need six buckets and then I will be able to get a good family photo. Well, maybe seven, my husband is pretty antsy!
ReplyDeleteToni
What a great idea! How did you come up with this one? Yep, may just have to try this someday...
ReplyDeleteThis is a fabulous idea - wow! Those photos are beautiful, I'll have to steal the idea.
ReplyDeleteI loved the note to Claire too, this is the first time I noticed it :)
Very smart! AND hair in her face or not, I love those bottom two shots!
ReplyDeleteIt *is* brilliant - and what a little cutie too. You're a great photographer - all your photos are so terrific.
ReplyDeletep.s. that dress is ADORABLE . . . where did you get it? After two boys I finally have a baby girl and I'm in little dress heaven now :-)
This made me laugh, but it's such a perfect idea...complete with genuine smiles and all. Thanks!
ReplyDeleteYOU.ARE.A.GENIUS!!!!!!
ReplyDeleteSo cute. She looks like a little potted plant.
ReplyDeletethat really is genius. awesome tip!
ReplyDeleteGreat idea!!!! I need to try that with my 3 yo!
ReplyDelete