Hundreds of dollars
spent at Gymboree and Gap
on cute girlie clothes.
You would never guess,
Abby only wears one dress
and looks like a mess.
Her hair is not brushed,
and if she wears a headband
it never does match.
Is that a sundress?
In 30 degree weather?
With leopard print shoes?
The poor little girl.
Her mother is terrible
to not dress her better.
Spring is the hardest.
It is hot, then cold again.
So hard to dress right.
She would look so cute.
But she has her own vision,
her own unique style.
I try not to fight.
I think she is beautiful,
despite her strange taste.
Some pictures you say?
I would so love to post some,
but none are allowed.
No, no, go away
she says to the camera.
Nothing is easy.
Edited to add:
Abby was so proud of today's outfit that she actually let me take a picture.
This ensemble features a Vera Bradley bag, a dress from this season's Gymboree collection, a vintage Children's Place hat, Saucony sneakers and accessories from Target.
If you see us at the market just smile and move along. We are all out of orange juice and mommy just wants to get out of the house in peace.

That girl has a mind of her own! Good for her! Kinda hard on you though, huh? :)
ReplyDeletelittle girls do have their own sense of style, don't they?
ReplyDeletegreat 'ku!
My little boy is like that. Is this going on your blog? he asks. Then NO pictures! he cries.
ReplyDeleteI'm a fan of kid creativity. They learn so much that way, and have a good time while they're at it.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have lots of entertaining moments at your home. :P
I think this is a battle you'll never win!
ReplyDeleteI know what you mean about spending too much on clothes that don't get worn. My baby is only 9 months old, but I have a closet full of clothes and usually only put her in a onesie at home. Oh well!
ReplyDeleteHappy Friday!
My little girl is the same say. She will not let me get a clip in her hair, much less run a brush through it, so she often just looks like a disaster!
ReplyDeleteSounds very sweet :) We've got two boys and luckily they'll happily wear what I choose! ;)
ReplyDeletelove the ku! my girls have not hit that stage yet. my 2 year is however, fascinated with being naked!
ReplyDeleteoh, and i think she should be very proud of that outfit. it's so hip, so now. i'm certain it was on the runways!!
ReplyDeleteI am positive Vera Wang's mother through her hands up in despair at her childhood creations.
ReplyDeleteShe looks to be a budding designer to me. Good for you to encourage her individuality and creativity.
she is definitely a little fashionista!
ReplyDeleteThe only thing my son insists on picking out for himself is his underwear - other than that I can dress him as I wish. Now if he would just keep his pants on!
ReplyDeletejust as stylish as my three year old...maybe they should start a diva club?
ReplyDeleteGotta love that attire! Darling girl! I had a little girl like that once, now she's bandbox perfect and stylish to boot! I miss the leopard pants with the pink polka dots and plaid accessories!
ReplyDeleteshe looks lovely! my 3-year-old told me I don't know how to match and refuses to let me pick the outfit. I guess I pick my battles. :)
ReplyDeleteHappy Weekend! Your pictures are great!
I love it - so glad to know I am not the only one...my 4 year old fashionista is the exact same way. So glad next year she'll wear a uniform...hoping it will cut down on many laborious clothing discussions...although I do love baby Gap...have a good one!!
ReplyDeleteAbby is PERFECT, Beth. I love this picture. And I congratulate you on your tolerance and wisdom.
ReplyDelete