Apparently, it is tradition that your 100th blog post should be 100 things about you. I am a bit late on this (posting a picture a day adds up quickly), but here are 100 fascinating things about me:
1. I have lived in Massachusetts all my life, including college.
2. I have one younger brother. He lives in Rhode Island.
3. As a child I liked ballet, swimming and tennis.
4. I was a very shy, quiet kid.
5. I am not so shy now, but I still prefer small groups of friends to big parties with lots of strangers.
6. I love people watching. I could spend a whole day at the beach or in the city just watching the people.
7. I hoped I would have a daughter. I am thrilled beyond belief to have two daughters.
8. I do wonder what it would be like to have a son.
9. My birthday is December 31.
10. I meet my husband at UMass.
11. We dated on and off for 6 years before we got married.
12. We lived together before we got married.
13. I was 25 when I got married.
14. I can not imagine anyone else more perfect for me.
15. In addition to a wonderful husband, I also have wonderful in-laws.
16. On our honeymoon we went to Jamaica and then Paris.
17. Places I have been (in no particular order): New York City, Washington DC, Chicago, San Francisco, Philadelphia, Iceland, Paris, London, Amsterdam, Rome, Venice, Cannes, Vienna, Munich, Monaco, Jamaica
18. Places I have been since having my first daughter: London, Miami
19. Places I have been since having my second daughter: Cape Cod
20. Someday, my husband and I would like to buy a small apartment in Paris.
21. We live in a house we built 6 years ago in a small, quiet suburb south of Boston.
22. We choose our neighborhood because it looked like a good place for kids to run and play.
23. I have found some wonderful friends here.
24. I drive a station wagon.
25. I love the ocean. I find the sound and smell of the ocean deeply comforting.
26. I love New York City. For a few years I was even a Yankees fan.
27. I am now back to being a Red Sox fan. My husband would not have married me otherwise.
28. I enjoy cooking.
29. The first meal I cooked my husband after we got married gave him food poisoning.
30. My cooking is now much better. I write about it here.
31. I have a cat named Mokey. He is licking his ass right now.
32. I enjoyed being pregnant
33. I felt sexy when I was pregnant.
34. I would love to be pregnant again. I am just not so sure about my ability to be the kind of mother I want to be to three children.
35. I often struggle to be the kind of mother I want to be to the two children I already have.
36. I loved nursing my babies. I found it relaxing. It was even easier the second time.
37. I planned to try the nursing thing for a few weeks. I ended up weaning my daughter at 20 months old.
38. Not so long ago, I was a suit wearing professional girl with a fancy office in the big city.
39. The thought of leaving terrified me.
40. The thought have having to work again terrifies me now.
41. I have an unhealthily love for Frederic Fekkai hair products.
42. My favorite store is Sephora.
43. My dream day would involve the beach with my kids, an afternoon at the spa and a fancy dinner with my husband.
44. I like getting dressed up. I think I dress up pretty well.
45. My dream man? Patrick Dempsey/Dr. McDreamy
46. I have a degree in Psychology, which does not actually qualify me to do anything.
47. I like red wine.
48. I have a Nikon D70 camera.
49. My kids are really sick of me taking pictures of them.
50. One of these days, I want to learn how to really use my camera and Photoshop.
51. I was raised sort of Catholic
52. I am raising my children as Catholics.
53. I am working on being a better Catholic.
54. I love the way my husband smells.
55. I appreciate good shoes even though I spend most of my life in sneakers or flip flops.
56. I like to dress my girls in matching dresses.
57. I am a woman registered to vote in the state of Massachusetts as a Republican.
58. I have a terrible memory when it comes to people and events.
59. I do not hold grudges simply because forget what most fights were about.
60. My husband is the neat, organized one in the house. I am the less organized one.
61. I do not make my bed. It seems like a waste of time since I am just going to jump back in it the first chance I get.
62. See number #61 for an indication of my general housekeeping philosophy.
63. I did not have big Princess Diana type fantasies about my wedding day. I was most excited about the actual getting married part.
64. My wedding day was the best day of my life.
65. I love watching my kids sleep. I feel like a perfect parent when my kids are sleeping.
66. I am a dark chocolate girl- the darker the better.
67. I have pretty hands- long skinny fingers and nicely shaped nails that grow really well.
68. I have no musical ability whatsoever. My husband tells me I am tone deaf.
69. I love spa treatments- I could spend all day getting rubbed and painted and waxed.
70. I do not like canned soup.
71. Fake butter products scare me. Only the old fashion, full fat stuff for me.
72. I am 5’10’’. As a kid, I was taller than most of the boys.
73. I am not especially athletic.
74. I enjoy yoga and pilates, but it has been months since I have done either.
75. Peonies are my favorite flower.
76. I was a good student. I tested well.
77. I spend too much time on my computer.
78. I like tea better than coffee.
79. I love the smell of tomato vines.
80. What animal would I choose to be? A dolphin.
81. Clearly, I am running out of things to say.
82. I follow the rules. I hate people who think that the rules do not apply to them.
83. My favorite book is Gone with the Wind.
84. I was once on a plane with Brad Pitt. It was during his long hair phase and he did not look nearly as good in real life.
85. I have worn glasses (or contacts) since the 5th grade. I thought I was sooo cool in my red Sally Jesse glasses and braces.
86. I am afraid of heights. More specifically, I am afraid of falling. Ferris wheels terrify me. Strangely, I love airplanes.
87. I do not like reality TV.
88. My favorite TV shows are currently Grey’s Anatomy and Jon & Kate Plus 8.
89. I am a loyal friend and a good neighbor.
90. As a mother, I think I do a good job making my kids feel loved and letting them be themselves.
91. As a mother, I would like to have more patience. I often get frustrated and say things I regret.
92. My best qualities, according to my husband? I am honest, intelligent, caring and trustworthy.
93. My worst qualities, according to my husband? I am not the best driver and I spend too much time blogging.
94. I always knew I wanted to have kids.
95. Having kids is harder than I expected.
96. Some days it is really hard. Some days I feel that my kids deserve a better mother than me.
97. Having kids has changed me in ways I never expected.
98. I think I am a good mom. I try my best every day.
99. I love my kids more than I ever thought it was possible to love anyone.
100. I can not imagine my life without my kids.
If you actually made it though this list, congratulations!
Monday, May 5, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Oh I love your list! I really love the 100 lists, but I blew right past 100 without giving it a thought. I am almost to 200, maybe I should try a 200 list? or maybe not...
ReplyDeleteAnyway, we are a lot alike! Tall, wine drinking, republican, prior breastfeeding, Nikon-toting mommas! And the beach? Oh yeah, our beach vacation to SC is in 8 weeks, I am SO looking forward to it!
Have a great week!!!!!
Oh, to answer your question, I don't have much time for photo editing, but it is becoming an obsession that I need to manage! Luckily, I have given up most TV so it is something I do at night or during naptimes (when I probably should be doing housework..)
This was fun! How long did it take (besides too long)! I love peonies as well!
ReplyDeleteIf WE made it through the list....I can't believe YOU did! Wow..I am so impressed! I think we should gather together on Thursday nights to watch Grey's and drink a bottle of red wine and munch on some dark chocolate!!
ReplyDeleteOkay I skipped some of the 100 things but the ones I read were very interesting! I just looked on my blog and between my husband and I we have 521 posts! So I guess I missed the 100th post thing. Still it would be fun someday.
ReplyDeleteloved the list. I remember all too well how long it takes to come up with 100 things. :) you rocked it. I enjoyed getting to know you better. :)
ReplyDeleteI read your whole list and loved it. Very cool getting to know more about the mommy with the 2 cute girls who lives in Boston (that's how I described you to my husband when I was telling him about our matching lambies!)
ReplyDeleteYour posts really hit home with me...I had terrible post partum depression after the birth of my son (like, I was up on the psych ward of our hospital...) - and while I am totally better now, there are many days when I think man, my kids deserve better...but it's obvious to me in reading how you talk about your kids, and document their lives that you love them more than anything, and you are a great mom!!
You go girl! Don't be too hard on yourself...there is no such thing as a perfect parent...and there is nothing wrong with time for yourself, and getting support from the other "blog moms"!! Moms rock!!
Have a great day!
I read the whole list! And I loved it! So far, I think you are a fabulous mom (I have just spent about an hour reading your blog, having added you to my reader after McMommy's award ceremony last night).
ReplyDeleteI, too, live in RI - do you get here often to see your brother?